Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best stock for MPX?

There are so many variables to this one. Long arms, short arms, high cheek weld, low cheek weld, etc. It all comes down to what you like and are comfortable with. Some stocks will be higher and will requires a riser on the optic. Some are very low and optic will mount flush. The stock adapter that you choose will also affect this. I like a stock that has a very fast connection to my shoulder and it can’t be slippery or small in that area. I also like a  folding stock which allows for smaller storage. For me I went through a bunch and always end up going back to the Springer Precision Yugo adapter and  Magpul Yugo/Zhukov stock. The combo is on their website and is very nice. It has an adjustable LOP but I just use it closed down all the way. 

Do you have an adapter yet? Start there and then see what stock you like or go to the Springer web site and check out the combo I mentioned. I wouldn’t use the Sig folder adapter as it takes up a lot of length but that is just me. Thordsen (sp) makes a nice one.  A stock on the MPX can end up being like a carry holster for your favorite EDC. I ended up with a drawer full of them until I found the one that FITS ME. Good luck. 

Hello: I use the Thordsen adapter for the buffer tube. MilSpec carbine buffer with 6 positions but use it all the way forward. A Mission First tactical minimalist stock since they are very light. This setup has worked on a couple of MPX's I have had and will be on the one I am building for PCC matches next year. Add a Isler carbon handguard for the front end and a Holosun 510C and you should be all setup. Thanks, Eric

I think the TTI and the Thordsen are damn near the same piece. They look identical. I started with the Sig folding knuckle, but it's a heavy chunk of steel and I'm not deploying from a vehicle, so I really never need to fold it.

Went to the TTI on my next build and a mil-spec buffer tube. However, I have higher cheek bones and I like a consistent weld, so I run a CTR WITH a 1/2" riser. IMO it's the perfect height for the 510c, especially since the TTI/Thordsen type adapters sit the buffer tube slightly lower than the factory sig piece and/or skeleton stock. 

I skipped anything that didn't have an adj. LOP, despite the skeleton stock looking awesome, b/c I like to adjust based on the stage. Walls/short leans/fast transitions I drop it way down. Longer shots, shooting on the move, etc. I extend it out for more stability.

I did my experimentation with different stocks also. I bought the TTI adapter during their Black Friday sale and tried a  magpul STR, CTR and DD stock  but ended up using MFT’s minimalist stock.

It’s light and it gives me a more consistent cheek weld compared to the others I tried. 

I used the thosden adapter without a castle nut and carbine buffer tube. The thosden has a set screw that negates the need of the castle nut. I shortened the buffer tube about 5/8 of an inch so no threads were visible. I added a mission first minimalist stock. It looks great and is the perfect length at the fully collapsed position.

• 2 weeks later...