Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holosun 510C is huge

highhope

31 minutes ago, touji said:

Where are you finding the photo of the Atlas mount? From everything I've seen they don't have a blast shield as part of theirs for the 510c but they have a blast shield for all their micro dot mounts (my DPP mount included). 

The Atlas mount is a little closer to the popple holes to reduce ejection issues, but that means the optic gets blasted even more. I'm wondering how the gas dispersion would be affected if you use the Tevo blast shield on the Atlas mount.

When I went to the Atlas optic mount page https://atlasgunworks.com/product/atlas-gunworks-optic-mount/ and selected Holosun,, the picture that came up showed a blast shield.  That photo must've just been one of their generic mount photos.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, hitman_usmc said:

The atlas mounts just came back in stock.  The picture you were looking is for the DPP and other dots.  They don't show a picture of the 510C mount.  I ordered a couple of tevo blast shields to try as well.  

I have an atlas mount on order as well. Please update of your thoughts on the blast shields and maybe some pictures if possible

I just measured the existing holes on my STI and they don't match the C-More standard.  Does anybody know if any of the optic mount vendors will supply the mount without the mounting holes pre-drilled?

I already got a response from Tevo Sports and all their mounts are pre-drilled.

7 hours ago, gdboytyler said:

I just measured the existing holes on my STI and they don't match the C-More standard.  Does anybody know if any of the optic mount vendors will supply the mount without the mounting holes pre-drilled?

I already got a response from Tevo Sports and all their mounts are pre-drilled.

Cheely Custom Gunworks has undrilled mounts

Limcat mount is the way to go. Puts the dot far enough forward I havent had a ding yet. The mount is as large as the body of the dot and the blast shield does wonders. My gun is a shorty with holes in the barrel and my glass stays clean. Very well made mount super sturdy and puts the dot nice and low. If a two sided is prefered i have a nice brand new mount listed on here from Tevo :)

9 hours ago, fatjoe123111 said:

I have an atlas mount on order as well. Please update of your thoughts on the blast shields and maybe some pictures if possible

I put the tevo blast shield on my atlas mount last night and shot 100 rounds to test it.  Glass was very clean (as clean as any other dot/mount/blast shield combo).  I didn't notice any negative effects to having it on there either.  I can add a picture later if you want.  

9 minutes ago, hitman_usmc said:

I put the tevo blast shield on my atlas mount last night and shot 100 rounds to test it.  Glass was very clean (as clean as any other dot/mount/blast shield combo).  I didn't notice any negative effects to having it on there either.  I can add a picture later if you want.  

If you don't mind posting a picture I would appreciate that. Did you shoot it much without the blast shield and how dirty did it get?

I shot a practice session of about 500 rounds and only began to notice the gunk on the lens after about 250-300 rounds.  I also shot one 6 stage match with it and wiped off the lens after ever stage since it's not hard to do.  I'm sure I could have shot the entire match without wiping the lens as the gunk was only noticeable if i was purposely looking at it instead of being target focused.  Since it's easy to wipe the lens off, I would say the shield is mandatory, but it does defiantly help.  The shield is burnt and black looking (even after I cleaned it with solvent) from only the 100 rounds I tested.  It is definitely take the brunt of the blast and I had very little if anything on the lens, so I'd say it does it's job well.  

510cshield.jpg

510cshieldfront.jpg

11 hours ago, Sarge said:

Cheely Custom Gunworks has undrilled mounts

I contacted Cheely and they are working on a Holosun mount, but it's not ready yet.

Atlas and Tevo also replied to my inquiry, but they  do not supply undrilled mounts.

Limcat has not replied yet about the possibility of getting an undrilled mount.

It's likely my STI frame will start looking like Swiss Cheese if I don't find an undrilled mount.

Ordered the blast shield.....did you guys have to replace mounting screws as well??

Damn ...I hate taking gas pedals and mounts of pistols....I can mess those screw heads up faster than anybody.

Any tips on removal and installation??

Thanks in advance !

The Tevo comes with new screws to compensate! I always mess up screws but I had no issues this tine around. I used a butane soldering iron from the inside of the dust cover. I heat it up until i smell the loctite burning and continue heating till the smell disappears. 

When unscrewing, I exaggerate downward pressure.

Received the Tevo Blast Shield last night and installed it.....went fine. This is a well constructed shield..very simple...testing this weekend.

touji.....Thanks for the advice on the butane torch..perfect...screws came right out....of course I snapped the head off an Allen wrench reinstalling the mount...never fails !!!

Will deal with this later once my screws fall out !!....Thanks again.

On 5/3/2019 at 7:11 AM, TANFARM said:

Ordered the blast shield.....did you guys have to replace mounting screws as well??

Damn ...I hate taking gas pedals and mounts of pistols....I can mess those screw heads up faster than anybody.

Any tips on removal and installation??

Thanks in advance !

Blue loctite not red.. this means you have to do maintenance more frequently but saves you from catastrophe in the long run. Try to use torx screws vs Allen. Last thing is always heat up the screw for a minute or two before you attempt to remove it. 

lacivilian...Totally agree with everything you mentioned....unfortunatly all my screws are hex heads on my mounts....I'm now trying this blue Locktite type thread sealer on Amazon..it's a blue gel....seems to work well.....Red Locktite lesson learned....ooops !

25 minutes ago, TANFARM said:

lacivilian...Totally agree with everything you mentioned....unfortunatly all my screws are hex heads on my mounts....I'm now trying this blue Locktite type thread sealer on Amazon..it's a blue gel....seems to work well.....Red Locktite lesson learned....ooops !

Yeah red is great for set and forget but when the time comes you want to take your mount off or switch dots you don't want to screw yourself over. The last thing you want to do is mess up the frame itself from a red loctited screw.

I have used a soldering iron and placed it on the inside of gun frame on screw and with allen wrench put some pressure on it till it came loose when I used red loctite. Worked like charm for me. 

• 3 weeks later...

Late to this thread but have been using a 510C without a blast shield for a couple months and almost weekly matches. The soot on the front glass is just that...  soot.  The glass isnt getting pitted at all.  

I even leave the hood on my 510C because I think hood-less looks even worse :)  

I have the Atlas mount but may try the Tevo blast shield down the road.  Just dont feel like taking everything off again! 

holosun.jpg

I’ve been using the Holosun on a Tevo sports mount. Recently added the blast shield. Even with coated Bullets glass is still clean after a match. 5ca67f7fe622cdddb91f0ed465c4ac77.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2019 at 9:39 PM, racerwong said:

Late to this thread but have been using a 510C without a blast shield for a couple months and almost weekly matches. The soot on the front glass is just that...  soot.  The glass isnt getting pitted at all.  

I even leave the hood on my 510C because I think hood-less looks even worse :)  

I have the Atlas mount but may try the Tevo blast shield down the road.  Just dont feel like taking everything off again! 

holosun.jpg

did you change anything on your ejection? or did you slap it on there and run it no issues?