Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
highhope

holosun 510C is huge

23 hours ago, Sarge said:

I think they look too big and bulky on an open gun. I might try one on my carbine though

I can't imagine using anything else on my open gun anymore. 

Got a Holosun 510C in to mess with. With the mount and metal screen protector removed it weighs 3.85oz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 12/13/2018 at 1:17 PM, Sarge said:

I think they look too big and bulky on an open gun. I might try one on my carbine though

I have a 510 on my PCC Sarge.  Welcome to check it out at next hammer down or at local match.  Tim 

I may try a HS 510C on my Veprcat down the road but want to try out the Romeo first. I had a 507 on my CO pistol and the dot went out after about 20rds so I returned it and went with an RMR. Curious what the longevity will be on for the 510 compared to a C-More...

55 minutes ago, Davidp1911 said:

I may try a HS 510C on my Veprcat down the road but want to try out the Romeo first. I had a 507 on my CO pistol and the dot went out after about 20rds so I returned it and went with an RMR. Curious what the longevity will be on for the 510 compared to a C-More...

The 510C is hugely. I saw a guy that had one on an Open Gun and it looked good, but he removed the cover. When are they going to start making RMR with the Round Cmore Glass? But half the length of the regular Cmore.

7 hours ago, Davidp1911 said:

The 507's were recalled because of issues.  Holosun has since fixed the problem.

I've read about the same issues with the dot disappearing months ago seems there are defective ones still floating around. I didn't want to risk exchanging a defective for another and/or sending it back for repair. Anyways, the RMR type 2 was only a few dollars more and the dot is much brighter less flaring and overall build quality is much better. You get what you pay for...

Hello: I have a Holosun 507C coming to be installed on a carry optics pistol. I may even try it on a Open pistol if the glass is big enough. So far I am liking the 510C on my open pistol. Thanks, Eric

Have 510C on both PCC's and love them.  Waiting on a Blank mount for my Open gun from Tiger.  The holes I have in my frame won't match up with CMore standard hole pattern.  Waiting with baited breath.🔫

I'm thinking of going down this route as well and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to see if the 1-sided is rigid enough or whether I should go w/ the 2-sided mount.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:39 PM, highhope said:

I am using 4 -60 screws, and one-side mount. will see how that mount hold. BTW, 510c is lighter than cmore slideride, many shooters use one side mount for cmore, right? 

Holosun 510c weight: 8.3 ounces

Cmore Slide Ride: 3 ounces

1 hour ago, Fo0 said:

Holosun 510c weight: 8.3 ounces

Cmore Slide Ride: 3 ounces

Remove the shield and it’s something like 3.8oz

Edited by Posvar

5 hours ago, StandardError said:

I'm thinking of going down this route as well and was wondering if anyone has had a chance to see if the 1-sided is rigid enough or whether I should go w/ the 2-sided mount.

Uh.....That's not true. The first thing I noticed about the 510 was it's weight. It's a pretty heavy red dot. Plastic sliderides are waaay lighter.

2 hours ago, Posvar said:

Remove the shield and it’s something like 3.8oz

Just the cover is really around 5 oz?!?

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

Just the cover is really around 5 oz?!?

The  cover is just over an ounce, I believe that weight is with the mount removed as well. 

Weight is in the mount which we don’t need. It’s plenty light in skinny form 

Hello: Plastic C-More with STI/Alchin mount is 5.369ozs. The Holosun with cover and base removed with mount is 5.422 ozs. These are actual weights measured by me without any whiskey involved. Thanks, Eric

22 hours ago, Posvar said:

Weight is in the mount which we don’t need. It’s plenty light in skinny form 

How do we mount it without the base?

Just now, echotango said:

Oh crap. I forgot you guys are putting this monstrosity on Open guns! LOL I am putting it on a PCC that I'll never shoot. LOLOL

So for a carbine should I worry about taking the shroud off?

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

Oh crap. I forgot you guys are putting this monstrosity on Open guns! LOL I am putting it on a PCC that I'll never shoot. LOLOL

I have one on my PCC(and 22) that I shoot 1x a year. Still rts2's for me. 

Edited by echotango

Just now, Sarge said:

So for a carbine should I worry about taking the shroud off?

I took mine off.