Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holosun 510C is huge

highhope

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/25/2019 at 8:32 AM, tomv said:

I spoke to Julian at Limcat. They have a mount for the 510C which I ordered for my Steelcat yesterday.

I’ve been interested in a Limcat Mount, and they definitely do look a bit better than the plain old black of the Atlas mount. How much did that end up running you? And do you know if it’ll mount the same on my Atlas?

On 7/30/2019 at 7:28 PM, tacomandood said:

I’ve been interested in a Limcat Mount, and they definitely do look a bit better than the plain old black of the Atlas mount. How much did that end up running you? And do you know if it’ll mount the same on my Atlas?

I have an Atlas. The Limcat mount fits and works perfectly. 

On 8/7/2019 at 10:06 AM, UpYoursPal said:

Holy crap dude.  You've got some big hands!

HAHAHAHA, my one friend says my hands are like catchers mits!!  But they're not long

Edited by bigboy69

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, Watot said:

Hi,

Is there anyone knows what mount will I use for my BUL SAS 2 Open gun? I am new to this and saw a lot of 510c user and they love it. I want to upgrade for my open gun. Thanks for the help.

If you're willing to spend the extra money, I would look at the Romeo3 XL. I went with the 510c originally for cost reasons and while I loved the huge window, it adds a lot of weight towards the front. The XL's window is almost identical, just rounded at the corners, and it weights about 1/3 what the 510c does. 

3 hours ago, regor said:

If you're willing to spend the extra money, I would look at the Romeo3 XL. I went with the 510c originally for cost reasons and while I loved the huge window, it adds a lot of weight towards the front. The XL's window is almost identical, just rounded at the corners, and it weights about 1/3 what the 510c does. 

take the 510c dust cover off. it pulls off like 3 ozs. 

the only advantage the romeo has over the 510 is the 6 or 8 moa dot

3 hours ago, AverageJoeShooting said:

take the 510c dust cover off. it pulls off like 3 ozs. 

the only advantage the romeo has over the 510 is the 6 or 8 moa dot

I took the cover off mine. It's still like >4oz vs 1.5 for the XL

6 hours ago, regor said:

I took the cover off mine. It's still like >4oz vs 1.5 for the XL

i think the 510 is amazing and i used it on my open gun forever. 

i just hate that all hey offer it in is that tiny 2.5 moa dot, if it wasnt for the holoring i think id lose that dot a ton

the 2.5 is super bright and crisp tho. wish they could just make a bigger dot

Thats really HUGE!

When I started in Open about 7-8 yrs ago, my reddot was an sts, the smallest lens then and now. Im in serendipity/slideride nowadays for utmost reliability. One thing I learned then and also until now, huge lenses are not necessary if I do decent HUGE practice or training w/ frequent regularity. These huge lenses dont help me a bit to be better Open shooter bcoz they tolerate sloppiness in me. But if your goals are different from mine, I dont have any problem w/ that 😎

But larger lenses and their housings make heavier reddots w/c produce greater momentum vs lighter ones on same velocity or acceleration by the guns’ recoil and therefore more force to damage them so the need to build them sturdier. 

Maybe its why the old cmores are very reliable inspite of them the oldest gens in existence and of being made of flimsy plastics. 

Just sayin’😉

5 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

Maybe its why the old cmores are very reliable inspite of them the oldest gens in existence and of being made of flimsy plastics. 

Just sayin’😉

It's mainly solid electronics and not having cheap microchip based logic. 1/3N battery in a slot also helps.

1 hour ago, Kema said:

It's mainly solid electronics and not having cheap microchip based logic. 1/3N battery in a slot also helps.

Agree and 20yrs passed I cant say w/ certainty if we are really upgrading w/ all the expensive gizmos around proving otherwise 😁. Believe me Im waiting wishing hoping for these new gens’ success not just for their longest battery life 😝 and huge lenses

Edited by BoyGlock

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/8/2021 at 6:28 PM, Watot said:

Hi,

Is there anyone knows what mount will I use for my BUL SAS 2 Open gun? I am new to this and saw a lot of 510c user and they love it. I want to upgrade for my open gun. Thanks for the help.

I have Holosun 510c on my Bul SAS II. I use Tevo Sports mount although I believe there are also other companies that make such mount (Limcat ?). The key thing is which holes pattern you have for the mount. I believe the Bul mount pattern (at least those sold in Europe) is 3 holes with metric screws (imho it is not compatible with standard US 5 hole pattern but I am not sure). I believe Tevo had mount blanks without holes drilled so you could get such and ask your gunsmith to drill it.

I've had a 510c on my Czechmate for over a year and it is great!! I really like the big window and circle dot setup. I shoot 510c's on all of my PCCs and have mounted one on my Buckmark 22 RFPO gun.  Holosun has great service and warranty. JD

• 8 months later...

I realize this thread has been going on a while but I want to mount a 510 on my 10/22 RFRO Steel Challenge gun.  Taccom now makes a good looking mount specifically for this combination that allows removing the heavy OEM Pic mount so that will save a lot of weight.  I'm debating also removing the shroud on the sight's body and wondering if there is any difficulty getting it off once the four screws are removed.  Does it come off over the battery tray and intensity buttons' small projections without a lot of effort?

On 1/24/2022 at 7:59 PM, DukeSoprano said:

Yes it comes off very easy, I removed both of mine

Thanks and you are right. I removed the battery tray to allow the shroud to slip up the right side and gently pried it over the intensity buttons.  Not too much of a struggle.

I removed both the Picatinny base and the shroud from my 510 and cut the weight by over half from 235 gms to 108 gms (8.3 to 3.8 oz).  It's still not a feather weight but will balance a lot better on my 10/22.  

• 1 month later...