Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

holosun 510C is huge

highhope

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/5/2018 at 8:39 AM, highhope said:

I am using 4 -60 screws, and one-side mount. will see how that mount hold. BTW, 510c is lighter than cmore slideride, many shooters use one side mount for cmore, right? 

I did use the Top mounted for my Cmore at first. Then switched over to the 90 degree mount.

I always see these 501C's advertised with the DoveTail mount. So you can remove the Dove Tail and somewhere from the top, are holes for the 4-60 screws? I saw a GM using one at a match, but never knew how he mounted it to the top mount he was using.

Hello: there are 4 mounting screws for the Holosun 510C dovetail base. Remove the screws and the base comes off. You can also remove the metal shield cover if you want it lighter although it is very light and adds protection. I have everything ordered and will see how it does. I went with the single sided mount since that is what I am using right now on one of my open pistols. I really like the Holosun 510C on my PCC's so it should be good on my open pistol. Thanks, Eric

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: there are 4 mounting screws for the Holosun 510C dovetail base. Remove the screws and the base comes off. You can also remove the metal shield cover if you want it lighter although it is very light and adds protection. I have everything ordered and will see how it does. I went with the single sided mount since that is what I am using right now on one of my open pistols. I really like the Holosun 510C on my PCC's so it should be good on my open pistol. Thanks, Eric

Thanks Eric. What's the difference between single sided mount? Is there a double sided or 90 degree mount type? Is single sided mount where the 510C is straight up over the top of the slide? Or 90 degrees to the slide? Thanks.

Thanks Eric. What's the difference between single sided mount? Is there a double sided or 90 degree mount type? Is single sided mount where the 510C is straight up over the top of the slide? Or 90 degrees to the slide? Thanks.

Single sided mount
d92bc2662411c2e5ebef6509ebcae303.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet!

Thanks Kujo. Really like what you going on there, dust cover looks fine too, bet it's a keeper.

Unfortunately that ones not mine. That is photo I was sent when I asked the mount manufacturer if it would work on an Atlas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried to get as good of a picture as i could of the brightness and sizes of the 510c vs DPP. The DPP is just a little bit brighter but not a ton but since it is brighter it gives a little bit more of a starburst look in the picture.

1209181511_HDR-2080x1170.jpg

Hello: Well half of my setup arrived today. I took the mount and hood off the Holosun 510C and will weight it to see how it compares to a C-More slide ride. Just in my hands it feels heavier than a plastic C-More but pretty close to a metal C-More. I love the really clear small dot and the large glass on the Holosun. I will see how it works out very soon but expect it to be as nice as the ones on my PCC's and 15/22. Thanks, Eric

Hello: I never made the jump to the RTS2 since so many around here have had problems with them. They were just not holding up very well and some that changed over that I saw did not shoot them as well. Some went back to the original C-More and some went a different route. I guess I will be the test mule around here on an open pistol. Looking forward to the testing and will see how my match results are. Thanks, Eric

I put a 510C on my MPX for PCC and immediately after shooting it thought - how good would it be if you could mount this on a pistol.  If anyone has run it, can you share the offset at 3m with a 18 or 20m zero - I'm going to guess its at least 2" or so.

Thanks,

Tom