Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GoGun P320 Thumb Rest Takedown Lever

Rudukai13

Sent an email to Troy McManus he said any type of thumbrest is not production and carry optics legal. No matter what you call it. Slide stop or in this case take down lever. I have an xfive with a thumbrest and a tanfo stock 2 with the same part. Both are not legal so Iā€™m taking it off. šŸ˜”šŸ˜‚

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Gviz said:

Sent an email to Troy McManus he said any type of thumbrest is not production and carry optics legal. No matter what you call it. Slide stop or in this case take down lever. I have an xfive with a thumbrest and a tanfo stock 2 with the same part. Both are not legal so Iā€™m taking it off. šŸ˜”šŸ˜‚

Ā 

šŸ˜„Thought it could be a good product on CO since some of the open guns got thumb rest on the similar spot on the gun...

If you can get your hands on one of the original P320Ā take down levers it has a bit of an angle on it. Not quite as extreme as the *thumb rest [generic]* but it will give your thumb more of a purchase than the completely flat takedown lever on the X5.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 5:28 PM, Rudukai13 said:

Ā 

Just installed one on my training x5, in combination with lighter recoil springĀ it makes a big difference. Pulling the trigger as fast as I can the dot never leaves the window. Prior to the pedal/spring change I would lose the dot briefly under recoil. I ordered two more, one for duty and one for carry in addition to my training gun.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this on both my Xs = two thumbs up. One in the 'grit' version and one standard anodized. It really does help with recoil management and gives yourĀ thumb a natural place to fall. I have a romeo on the xcarry now and the dot drops back into view much quicker than without it. Kind of hard to explain but it just feels right.Ā Still fits in the RHT holster too, which was an unexpected plus.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Sig.jpg

• 2 months later...

Seems silly to me that this is approved for prod and CO. I already had one for my lim p320 so Iā€™ll be running it on my CO gun. I wouldnā€™t buy one specific for CO. The X5 with pedal fits in my comp tac holster.Ā 

48C5309B-B4E2-4621-82E8-08B9C14923CB.jpeg

Sent an email to Troy McManus he said any type of thumbrest is not production and carry optics legal. No matter what you call it. Slide stop or in this case take down lever. I have an xfive with a thumbrest and a tanfo stock 2 with the same part. Both are not legal so Iā€™m taking it off. [emoji17][emoji23]
Would you mind posting that email exchange, or PM if you prefer?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I think the *thumb rest [generic]* thing is pretty neat, but legal for Production and CO? Man, it doesn't seem Production is all that Production-y anymore? Oh well....for another thread.....

Ā 

I've been shooting some Limited minor with my X5 and I may give one of these a try. Currently I'm running one of the old takedown levers mentioned previously and my thumbs are long enough that I'm able to utilize it as a *thumb rest [generic]* pretty well, but the Go Guns product looks like its worth messing around with some.

6 hours ago, wtturn said:

Would you mind posting that email exchange, or PM if you prefer?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
Ā 

Sorry trashed the email as soon as got the newsĀ 

Hello: I think this will help some keep their thumb off the slide slowing it down. Not sure if it really will help you be a better shooter after I have tried the ones on open pistols it did not help me at all. I think when they increased the weight for Carry Optics it kinda opened the door for all this stuff. Thanks, Eric

• 2 months later...

I am using one full time on my CO legion. Coming from limited and open and being used to a TR itā€™s amazing. To me theĀ biggest problemĀ it solves is having a positive place to put your support thumb every time. I could never get used to the stock take down lever. Will be ordering another for my back up gun!Ā 

• 4 weeks later...

Just got one and shot ~300 rounds with it. I did not see any difference in my split whatsoever. Maybe I am not using it correctly. I read their FAQ section and am lost.Ā 

Can anyone tell me how the opposable grip thing works and how I am supposed to use it?

Ā 

That said, it is kinda nice to have a positive indexing position for my thumb.

Ā 

It did not work well with myĀ RHT holster. I had to heat it up and grind one section quite a lot. The TR still drags in the holster.

9 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

Just got one and shot ~300 rounds with it. I did not see any difference in my split whatsoever. Maybe I am not using it correctly. I read their FAQ section and am lost.Ā 

Can anyone tell me how the opposable grip thing works and how I am supposed to use it?

Ā 

That said, it is kinda nice to have a positive indexing position for my thumb.

Ā 

It did not work well with myĀ RHT holster. I had to heat it up and grind one section quite a lot. The TR still drags in the holster.

Ā 

Rest your thumb on it and press/squeeze your thumb into it at a 45Ā° angle. I noticed a pretty decent reduction in muzzle rise between pressing myĀ thumb into it and resting my thumb next to it.

Ā 

Ā 

On 6/2/2019 at 3:14 PM, Manwithnoname said:

Seems silly to me that this is approved for prod and CO. I already had one for my lim p320 so Iā€™ll be running it on my CO gun. I wouldnā€™t buy one specific for CO. The X5 with pedal fits in my comp tac holster.Ā 

48C5309B-B4E2-4621-82E8-08B9C14923CB.jpeg

did you do anything to the holsterĀ to fit it? my comptac doesnt want to take it (the gun hangs high in the holster, almost exposing the trigger)

2 hours ago, Tango said:

did you do anything to the holsterĀ to fit it? my comptac doesnt want to take it (the gun hangs high in the holster, almost exposing the trigger)

No, mine fits fine. There is a bump holstering and unholstering. Iā€™ll try and take a pic tomorrow.

My comptac is an old 320 version I modified to take the X5 when it first came out and no holsters were available for the X5.Ā Ā Ā 

• 1 month later...