Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

GoGun P320 Thumb Rest Takedown Lever

Rudukai13

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one. So, far I haven't had much success with it on a stock  X-Carry w/ standard loads, but that probably has more to do with my grip than the *thumb rest [generic]* itself.  I do plan to evaluate it on a Full Size with lighter loads and a 14# recoil spring, and will post an update once I've spent more time with it. I will say it is an ingenious design, and is very well-made.

Edited by incogneato
correction

I just answered my own question. This part is not SSP legal per Page 27 sections 8.2.1.2 and 8.2.1.3 If the IDPA rule book.  (Citation included for legal eagles ?)  It does appear to be legal in ESP. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 8:48 PM, rocket99 said:

I’d try it if it was legal in CO, otherwise not interested

This is what keeps me away as well, although I love the thumb rest in my LTD gun.

I was perusing the CO rules just now (Appendix D7), and it almost sounds ambiguous (I know I am stretching things here, but I am hoping to find a loophole!

21.4 Grips:
Replacement grip panels are allowed provided
they do not extend below the butt of the gun
to form a make-shift magwell. Grip
modifications such as, but not limited to,
undercutting/smoothing the trigger guard,
adding or removing finger grooves, or adding
stippling, grip tape, or checkering are
specifically allowed. Grip tape or grip sleeves
cannot disengage a grip safety. Grips may not
be modified to create a thumb rest or
beavertail.

This almost sounds like they are talking about grip tape build-up beings used to create a thumb rest. It says you cannot CREATE a thumb rest or beavertail. The X5 has a beavertail, but I did not create it with skateboard tape. It is legal. I wonder if the thumb rest could be the same thing????

21.6 Exchange of minor EXTERNAL components 
Sights, firing pins, firing pin retainers, pins,
extractors, magazine releases, slide stops,
thumb safeties, triggers, hammers,
bushings, and ejectors MAY be replaced
with OFM or aftermarket parts.
•Barrels are considered “external parts” and
are subject to specific
restrictions in 21.3.

It says here that you can replace external parts with aftermarket parts...

Hmmmmm...

Has anyone gone to the NROI and asked specifically? It specifically calls out no magwell, I know that, but it sure would be nice to have a thumb rest!!!

15 hours ago, NoJams38 said:

I have heard that Troy McManus reviewed the part and said it would put you into limited. However I intend to use it for Carry Gun. That way I can use more or less same technique as Open gun for carry. To me that's enough to convince me

Dang. Too bad. That would be really great for CO. I am so used to it on my LTD guns...

1 hour ago, Doublehelix said:

Dang. Too bad. That would be really great for CO. I am so used to it on my LTD guns...

I'd like to try it too as my thumb hits the takedown lever in exactly the right place but since it's illegal for Prod I won't bother.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, Doublehelix said:

I am hoping to find a loophole!

Please don't.  People constantly reinterpreting to find loopholes is what lead to the Production rules being changed to Limited Lite.

• 4 weeks later...

I bought one, and am not that impressed with it. I am used to the larger thumb rests from my LTD guns, and this one is just not my cup of tea. Plus, if I shoot CO with it, it is not an approved accessory.

When I was cleaning my X5 yesterday, I took it off and put the stock takedown lever back on.

I am probably going to put it up for sale.

4 hours ago, Doublehelix said:

I bought one, and am not that impressed with it. I am used to the larger thumb rests from my LTD guns, and this one is just not my cup of tea. Plus, if I shoot CO with it, it is not an approved accessory.

When I was cleaning my X5 yesterday, I took it off and put the stock takedown lever back on.

I am probably going to put it up for sale.

Sent you a pm.

• 1 month later...

Uspsa updated 2019 for carry optics. I talked to an RO and he said it’s sounds like we can use the aftermarket slide stop “thumbrest” but to be 💯 sure have to shoot an email to the director of our NROI.

BB1E6867-35D8-4AB0-A234-15F7F653AC16.jpeg

Uspsa updated 2019 for carry optics. I talked to an RO and he said it’s sounds like we can use the aftermarket slide stop “thumbrest” but to be [emoji817] sure have to shoot an email to the director of our NROI.
BB1E6867-35D8-4AB0-A234-15F7F653AC16.thumb.jpeg.8a30844be6938ae48d17624b321733fa.jpeg
I don't see take down levers on that list, do you?

Not legal.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk