Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Sp-01 Grips

andyivan

Who makes the most aggressive grips for a Sp01 Shadow?  I have the factory ones that came from CZ custom and they are pretty grippy but just looking to see what is out there.  Keep in mind I have small/medium sized hands. 

The LOK Grips Thin Bogies are super thin and very aggressive grippy. They have almost the same thinness of the DAA Thin Aluminums in my opinion.

I've had every kind of grip for these guns! hahaha. A lot of factors come into "gripiness" and it's going to be in how you define that feeling. Because unlike say sandpaper where you can look at grit number, for grips it is entirely subjective. But if you want to think of it like sand paper and the number of points of contact against your skin then I'd say doing a silicone carbide job on grips with a profile you like is the most aggressive.

Grips I've had with my CZ guns.

stock rubber

thin aluminum with grip tape

thin aluminum with silicone carbide

czc lemon graters

(tried scales for a day on loan but did not own)

shadow 2 stock grips

lok boggie regular

vz tactical diamond backs

vz tactical diamond backs with silicone carbide job

vz tdb palm swells

henning full checkered

As each set of hands and how you hold the gun is different no one can really answer this but you. So don;t be surprised if you hate a grip others love and make a change. It's not money wasted but rather lessons learned.

I've settled on the "Aggressive Checker" grips from CZC (thick profile).  I've tried switching over the LOK palm swell grips and while they were more comfortable to hold, I didn't get the same traction during live fire.  There's a big difference between how the grips feel in the hand vs how they feel under recoil, so trying out multiple options is the best bet.  I know a lot of guys love the LOK grips but it's all personal preference.  

Also, it may come down to what kind of grip you're using.  I've found that when torquing in with both hands the palm swell grips would work against me, whereas the flat CZC grips provided more traction.  However, if I didn't use this type of grip then maybe I would prefer the palm swells...

I've tried the stock rubber grips, the thin aluminum grip tape, Lok bogies palm swell and Lok bogies thin.  I've also tried the SSI Scales 1.0 on a friend's gun but did not like that one at all.  I've have not tried the 2.0 version yet though. 

Thanks to Rowdy's post, I picked up the Hennings.  They are by far my favorite and I have no regrets moving from the Lok grips.  

I'm pretty certain every CZ owner has a whole stack of grips they've bought and tried.  The best bet is to see if you can find another shooter with different grips than yours and ask if you can try them.

On 9/19/2018 at 8:34 PM, vtecpaoche said:

I'm pretty certain every CZ owner has a whole stack of grips they've bought and tried.  

That's a fact! 

I settled for awhile on VZ Diamond Backs (more aggressive/different than VZ Tactical Diamonds), loved the grip, but they are thin and I like a little extra for my large size hands. The Scales 2.0 are also aggressive, and they bulk out the size to the equivalent of a 2011 grip. As an option, they now do the scales in brass which bulks up my SP01 Shadow another 2 ounces for CO, that's what I run now.

• 1 month later...

I have scale grips on my Czechmate, Shadow 1 (Target II) and Shadow 2.  I have palm swell bogies (Lock grips) on my CZ 75 D compact (SDP).  The scale grips (type 2) are the most aggressive (type 2) and very well made in my opinion. The Lock bogie grips are a close second.

The factory rubber grips that your gun came with, with jb weld & 60 grit silicon carbide applied, will be the most comfortable and the grippiest. In my opinion. It's not as fun as spending $$$$ on something that looks cool, but if you just want ergonomics and performance, I think that's the ticket.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk