Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Bag

andyivan

I just ordered a bag from Midway USA off of clearance.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939167522/midwayusa-compact-competition-range-bag

Should get it next week and I'll post a review. The nice thing about this bag is the built-in mag holders. My plan is to have a different range bag for each gun. Could be dangerous.

https://www.amazon.com/Blackhawk-Sportster-Deluxe-Range-Hunting/dp/B0026658U8/ref=sr_1_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1510361865&sr=1-1&keywords=blackhawk+range+bag&dpID=51vVkGVQV7L&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

I like to keep it as small a footprint as possible to avoid getting too heavy.

This holds everything I need with room to spare. Not as big as the Midway bag.

I've been using the shooters connection bag for years and love it. Tons of space for everything I'd need for a match or practice. While at a match I normally leave the main bag sit in my car and just switch the strap to the inner bag to carry ammo and extra mags from stage to stage. https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/NEW-Shooters-Connection-Tournament-Series-Shooting-Bag-PRO-II-P4512.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using the shooters connection bag for years and love it. Tons of space for everything I'd need for a match or practice. While at a match I normally leave the main bag sit in my car and just switch the strap to the inner bag to carry ammo and extra mags from stage to stage. https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/NEW-Shooters-Connection-Tournament-Series-Shooting-Bag-PRO-II-P4512.aspx

On 11/13/2017 at 7:29 PM, MJinPA said:

^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I've had the original for 9 years and it's the dogs bollocks.:lol::lol:

The Shooters Connection bag is the heat. The only issue I’ve had with it is one of the buckles on the strap broke. I was carrying well over 40 lbs of gear in it at the time...the other one has held fine and a caribeaner I had laying around was an easy fix for the broken side. 

I also like the Midway bags, and as noted above, they periodically get deeply discounted.  Keep an eye out for the sales.

I keep a couple of brightly-colored ribbons on mine, as I've noted it ends up with a number of identical bags on every stage and I didn't want it to accidentally walk off just before I'm called to the line (a particular concern at events where a squad doesn't stay together as they move from stage to stage).

I have the Shooter's Connection bag and it's very well made. Everything has a place and if I'm not careful, I'll overload it with stuff I really don't need to carry.

It's BIG.

I bought a GPS range backpack for my wife (she insisted) and I like that one also. If I had tried that one first I might have bought it for myself. But no buyers remorse with the Shooters Connection bag, I just have to be smart and leave the main bag in the truck like MJinPA does.

Started with the Shooters Connection bag, liked it a lot.

Switched to a backpack (in my case, a 5.11 Rush 48) and I wish I started with it. Just enough pockets without limiting flexibility with built-in organizers.

Had a GPS backpack (the one with the rigid bottom compartment) but found I couldn't fit a lot of things I needed.

On 11/7/2017 at 10:33 AM, andyivan said:

Looking for suggestions for a new range bag.  My Sig Sauer bag just broke after 12 years of shooting.  Looking for a medium size bag that will be used for USPSA and shooting at the range.  

Thanks. 

If you want a standard type range bag get a Shooters Connection bag. The midway bags are a cheap knock off. They look similar online but side by side there is NO comparison. I have both so there is no speculation here. If you want a small back pack get a Shooters connection brand but for a large back pack I prefer the DAA Rangepack Pro.

While not tacticool..... the very discrete, Home Depot husky  tool bag,  I've been using the 12inch and 18" bag husky bag from Home Depot. When loading for multiple guns the 18inch bag.   Most of my gear as has heavy nylon bags, or padded bags already.   

16 minutes ago, Austings said:

I have the midweayUSA bag, I really like it. However, it is very big. Almost too big. 

That just means you aren't bringing enough guns and ammo with you.  :-)

They do have a couple of other bags that are similar to, but smaller than, their classic 'big' range bag.

Edited by 10X

On 12/5/2017 at 6:48 AM, 10X said:

That just means you aren't bringing enough guns and ammo with you.  :-)

They do have a couple of other bags that are similar to, but smaller than, their classic 'big' range bag.

You are probably. I guess its not really a complaint as I wanted to make sure I had enough room for extra stuff. 

• 2 weeks later...