Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Bag

andyivan

You are probably. I guess its not really a complaint as I wanted to make sure I had enough room for extra stuff. 
If you want a standard type range bag get a Shooters Connection bag. The midway bags are a cheap knock off. They look similar online but side by side there is NO comparison. I have both so there is no speculation here. If you want a small back pack get a Shooters connection brand but for a large back pack I prefer the DAA Rangepack Pro.
x2. There is no comparison. A buddy of mine has the Midway and I went for the SC. While I'm not going to say the Midway bag is bad or anything, the SC has much better and more heavy duty materials (hence the pricetag).

I love the little stage bag, but my only gripe is that I can't fit all my crap in the bag with the stage bag in there so I have to carry it seperate.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I have a Lynx Tactical https://lynxdefense.com/shop/pistol-bags/lynx-defense-pistol-range-bag/ that seems a bit better constructed using heavier materials than the Midway type bags I've seen. But it has some annoyances like a stupid roll out cleaning mat that's useless. I also had a Shooter's Connection range bag but it was too large, you end up overloading it because you can... but they are well made and a good value. 

Truth be told if I didn't already have specific bags I'd like get a $20 canvas tool bag, tote bag, or school backpack. All the special pockets and doodads are BS, I put tools, ammo, cleaning, pro, etc. into large clear plastic Ziplocks and that works better than anything else. 

Being able to wash it once a year or two is pretty nice, why carry dirt around $$$$ guns? 

Edited by Frankly

On 11/13/2017 at 6:29 PM, MJinPA said:

I've been using the shooters connection bag for years and love it. Tons of space for everything I'd need for a match or practice. While at a match I normally leave the main bag sit in my car and just switch the strap to the inner bag to carry ammo and extra mags from stage to stage. https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/NEW-Shooters-Connection-Tournament-Series-Shooting-Bag-PRO-II-P4512.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought this one in 2004 and still going strong but I also bought one of the midway (smaller) bags for the range.  Depends on how much stuff you want with you at each stage and how far it is to your car.  

I now use the 5.11 range bag and it is by far the best bag I've owned.  Pretty big bag and can get heavy when loaded down with guns, loaded mags, and ammo, but well organized, easy to carry, and fits everything I need.

ETA: Just looked at the Shooters Connection bag linked above and it looks to be identical to the 5.11 I'm using. 

http://www.511tactical.com/range-ready-bag.html?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=5.11+tactical+range+ready™+bag+(black)&utm_content=accessories&utm_campaign=plas

Edited by jerkeejoe

23 minutes ago, AngelDeVille said:

Mine arrived yesterday. 

They also had the black and pink large duffle for $20, I should have gotten one. 

It was your post in the other range bag thread that brought them to my attention. Thanks for that!

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2018 at 1:45 PM, jerkeejoe said:

I now use the 5.11 range bag and it is by far the best bag I've owned.  Pretty big bag and can get heavy when loaded down with guns, loaded mags, and ammo, but well organized, easy to carry, and fits everything I need.

ETA: Just looked at the Shooters Connection bag linked above and it looks to be identical to the 5.11 I'm using. 

http://www.511tactical.com/range-ready-bag.html?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_term=5.11+tactical+range+ready™+bag+(black)&utm_content=accessories&utm_campaign=plas

Actually it is not identical. The 5.11 bag is identical in design to our old bag since they copied it. So we made ours even better. Our new one has many more features and is designed to be more user friendly. Might take a closer look.

2 hours ago, chuckbradley said:

Actually it is not identical. The 5.11 bag is identical in design to our old bag since they copied it. So we made ours even better. Our new one has many more features and is designed to be more user friendly. Might take a closer look.

I need A BIG RED 1 Chuck!!