Post your Dogs!

reverse_edge

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, Revofan said:

What breed of pup is this mastif ?

We did DNA testing on him and he is 35% various coon hounds, with bits of boxer/shepard/pitbull/golden retreiver. he is now full grown at 65#. We think that he is a Black Mouth Cur which a generic working dog that was bred in the US South East.   

Powder Finger - thanks..I've owned a bunch of different dogs in my life, but I'll never have anything again other than Chessie. They are the most stubborn, loyal, protective, loving, smart, driven, focused dogs I've ever been around. Course everyone thinks that of their dogs and they are right too!

1 hour ago, Novagunner said:

We did DNA testing on him and he is 35% various coon hounds, with bits of boxer/shepard/pitbull/golden retreiver. he is now full grown at 65#. We think that he is a Black Mouth Cur which a generic working dog that was bred in the US South East.   

Good looking mutt lol

1 hour ago, falconpilot said:

Powder Finger - thanks..I've owned a bunch of different dogs in my life, but I'll never have anything again other than Chessie. They are the most stubborn, loyal, protective, loving, smart, driven, focused dogs I've ever been around. Course everyone thinks that of their dogs and they are right too!

i used to go in with a couple back when i read electric meters, they were cool but as you say very protective of their space, also it took quite a while to earn their trust which is good by me.

we kind of saved one once. A coworker of the wife unit was duck hunting at one of our bigger lakes and lost theirs while chasing a down bird in a storm.

anyhow he told her about it and she said i think i can find him, so on the bass fishing forum we go and 2 hours later make contact with a guy that picked him up. his collar or vest was hung up on a tree in the lake. needless to say both he and the dog were very happy. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This is Grizzly, a true mutt. Got him from the shelter in early 2019, best guess is he’s 2.5-3 years old. 85lbs of stubborn and laziness. Recently did a DNA test on him that my parents got me for Christmas, found out he’s roughly 40% Australian Shepherd, 28% Australian Cattle Dog, 24% Siberian Husky, and 8% American Pit Bull Terrier

FBE9847E-FCA3-48A7-98CE-9F1DD7ED383C.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...