Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas Open 2011

grantwoodok

56 minutes ago, dansedgli said:

Curious to see if you get a build up of lead between the barrel and sight block piece. If you shoot coated lead bullets.

Similar gaps to a revolver I had once. Cleaning was chore.

The end of the barrel doesn't leave the sight block.  So where are you referring to?  It is just like the comp on a Chaos, there's no lead buildup on the backside where it faces the slide.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, dansedgli said:

Curious to see if you get a build up of lead between the barrel and sight block piece. If you shoot coated lead bullets.

Similar gaps to a revolver I had once. Cleaning was chore.

There's no way for gas to get behind the sight block so I'm not sure it will matter, If you are talking about the gap in the front it may, but I'm sure it is normal, nothing a little break free and a dental pick/cotton swab cant handle. 

my chaos has 4k rounds through it with zero buildup in the comp so id imagine this wont see much either. worse comes to worse just unscrew it and clean it.  i dont foresee much buildup though.

Finished my Chrono work and shot my first mate with new Chaos.

Found 2 Best loads...using 124 RMR RN set to 1.165 mixed sorted brass.

solid 7.1 grns. of WAC averaged 1362 on 4 tests,

8.2 grns. Of HS-6 averaged 1392 on 4 tests....seemed to shoot OK

Am going to retest 8.1 grns. of HS-6 and 7.2 grns of WAC for my final loads......does this sound about right from others experiences?

This is my first Major 9 adventure.....Thanks!

On 5/16/2018 at 7:44 AM, TANFARM said:

My bad......big fingers..small keys...my Mate is just fine.....

What you do with your big fingers ....

Sorry, couldn't resist.  I build my own pistols, but really considering an Atlas.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody with data for. Chaos with CFE Pistol and 124? I am having problems finding HS-6 right now. 

Got my Chaos safely across the border so time to develop a load for this one. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2018 at 5:14 PM, NiteQwill said:

Funny you say that. I found WAC dirtier than SIL. 

I use the exact same recipe. It's great.

I have since figured out that I was measuring velocity at the muzzle instead of usual 10 feet. So I rechecked the load and now with hotter temps here 7.6gr of Shil runs at 168.4 PF so I bumped it up to 7.8gr of Shilouette at 1.170 and now its happy at 171.2 PF and seem to stay little flatter and doesn't dip as much as 168 PF load did. Enough to notice return to zero on second shot is closer to  first shot.

Both Precision Delta JHP and Montana Gold CMJ RN in 124gr run very close PF - 171.2 and 170.5 respectively at 7.8gr of Sil

On 5/12/2017 at 11:45 AM, grantwoodok said:

Just took delivery of this baby last Friday. Shot it in a club match last Saturday. Taking a 2 day, 2000 round Ben Stoeger class tomorrow and Sunday!

0 issues so far!!

20170512_211706572_iOS.jpg

Sweet!!  Wish I could afford to buy a Atlas Open Gun..

Put my order in Tuesday for my Chaos!  I am lucky because Atlas is local to me!  Have been shooting with Adam for years!  He always goes out of his way to help guys at the range!  Can’t wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys!

1 hour ago, kitestir said:

Put my order in Tuesday for my Chaos!  I am lucky because Atlas is local to me!  Have been shooting with Adam for years!  He always goes out of his way to help guys at the range!  Can’t wait to get my hands on one of these bad boys!

Congrats!