Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas Open 2011

grantwoodok

i finally shot my chaos in a match for the first time. came in 2 out of 12 in open. 3 master class shooters (even max michel's dad) and a bunch of a class as well. ill take that all day considering its my second match ever with an open gun and the previous was a sloppy trubor! the gun was flawless but i made a rookie move and grabbed a mag that would double feed randomly and took a gamble. i should have ran the string with a big stick even though it didnt need it. the gun was on POINT! i was so happy to have equipment i could count on and daily dry fire was paying off. now to just move quicker and maintain my accuracy while transitioning faster and ill be good to go! out of 41 i pulled out a 3rd overall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ9Bq0g7G5Q&feature=youtu.be

idk why my link wont embed

Edited by tcazes

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, tcazes said:

i finally shot my chaos in a match for the first time. came in 2 out of 12 in open. 3 master class shooters (even max michel's dad) and a bunch of a class as well. ill take that all day considering its my second match ever with an open gun and the previous was a sloppy trubor! the gun was flawless but i made a rookie move and grabbed a mag that would double feed randomly and took a gamble. i should have ran the string with a big stick even though it didnt need it. the gun was on POINT! i was so happy to have equipment i could count on and daily dry fire was paying off. now to just move quicker and maintain my accuracy while transitioning faster and ill be good to go! out of 41 i pulled out a 3rd overall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ9Bq0g7G5Q&feature=youtu.be

idk why my link wont embed

Awesome shooting. 

I know that you are tempted to tell people that you beat Max Michel....and leave it there. Or was he 1st? 

1 hour ago, Paulie said:

Awesome shooting. 

I know that you are tempted to tell people that you beat Max Michel....and leave it there. Or was he 1st? 

Lol thanks gotta specify it was his dad (a fantastic shooter but not quite his son lol). I have been trying to at least finish close to his dad for the last year and finally passed him. He finished 9/40, 5th in open. 

I must say though, he's not usually that far back. Our points were close but my overall time had him. 

Edited by tcazes

I'm obsessed with this gun!  Shot large local charity match, 100+ shooters, and grabbed the win.  Check out the videos!  I also got to test my major loads so I can finally start loading major.  Here's the most relevant load:

1.175 OAL

124 PD JHP

CCI 500

7.3gr WAC

Fiocchi reprocessed brass

Avg: 1371 = 170 PF

I'm going to bump it up one more tenth of a grain for my loads and just call it good.  I'm not a big "experimenter" when it comes to loading.  As long as it works, is safe and reliable,  I just pick a load and go with it. 

Great video.....ahhhh to be young and fast. Just started on my Chaos loads as well.....Autocomp and HS-6 with RMR 124 RM.should be interesting...loaded some 7.2 AutoComp after reading this thread...a place to start........

1 hour ago, TANFARM said:

Great video.....ahhhh to be young and fast. Just started on my Chaos loads as well.....Autocomp and HS-6 with RMR 124 RM.should be interesting...loaded some 7.2 AutoComp after reading this thread...a place to start........

I wish it was my youth that made me a good shooter so I wouldn't have to spend hours dry-firing every week!

3 hours ago, tcazes said:

nice runs! whats yalls elevation? must be pretty good ways up to need the extra .3 grains to make 170. 

Nope, I'm basically at sea level.  Could be that I loaded longer than everyone else?  Could also be the CCI 500.  Some people are using magnum or SRP which will give you an additional bump.

2 minutes ago, bluedevil008 said:

Nope, I'm basically at sea level.  Could be that I loaded longer than everyone else?  Could also be the CCI 500.  Some people are using magnum or SRP which will give you an additional bump.

i run cci 500s but i do load at 1.165 so thats most likely it. i didnt see any need to load longer. i wonder if it feels any different....hmmmm....the data nerd in me needs to test this now lol!

Edited by tcazes

2 hours ago, tcazes said:

i run cci 500s but i do load at 1.165 so thats most likely it. i didnt see any need to load longer. i wonder if it feels any different....hmmmm....the data nerd in me needs to test this now lol!

Couldn't tell you. Maybe I'll load up a few at that length and test myself.  I would imagine the OAL would make negligible difference to the feel of the gun if it's all you change.  The idea behind OAL is reliable feeding and more room for powder if you need it, because that's what will work the comp.   Let me know if you find anything!

i know longer oal will lower the pressure a bit an give lower velocity (learned that from limited major) but other than that i dont think its enough for any real felt recoil. if anything it will make you run a little more powder meaning more gas meaning better working comp lol

Edited by tcazes

On 5/5/2018 at 4:59 AM, jamelco said:

My chaos is built but is in transit through customs to enter Canada.It may take just as long to build just to clear customs.  Cant wait. 

Awesome, will I have an opportunity to see it at IPSC Nationals this year? Assuming the RCMP gets it done in time.

26 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

Assume the front piece is threaded to the barrel?

Looking forward to your review...  super light slide should yield extremely fast splits...  videos maybe?

yes its threaded on.