Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Atlas Open 2011

grantwoodok

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personal preference jamelco

I tried cfe this winter (Texas winter isn’t real winter)... it runs you just gotta feel it out.

I tried like 3 diff pf loads with 3 diff recoil springs with 3 diff powders... haha

Was a chore but I got it all on video and ended up just going back to HS6 with a lighter spring than stock.

I tried CFE bc I heard a GM say CFE runs his infinity like a champ...

But he shots 38 with 124s

Ehh...

you just gotta do you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personal preference jamelco
I tried cfe this winter (Texas winter isn’t real winter)... it runs you just gotta feel it out.

I tried like 3 diff pf loads with 3 diff recoil springs with 3 diff powders... haha
Was a chore but I got it all on video and ended up just going back to HS6 with a lighter spring than stock.

I tried CFE bc I heard a GM say CFE runs his infinity like a champ...
But he shots 38 with 124s

Ehh...
you just gotta do you.

What spring did you decide to go with for the HS-6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

3 hours ago, GWChris said:

So here's the thing. I've got 6 guys at my local club that are shooting Chaos'. Some are loading short at 1.155, some are loading long at 1.175 and some in the middle. My gun ran great with 8.4 gr of HS6 at 1.175 with a MG 124. But that's also by opinion...

Dang that's a lot.  Are you in the upper midwest?  That's the only place I heard where they're that common at this point.  

What spring did you decide to go with for the HS-6?

Bought variable recoil springs...
for me, shooting just under 170pf
A 7lb was easier on the dip after slide closure... but a 6lb was too light. So I cut 2 coils off of a 7.

You gotta just watch it or get someone to watch the recoil.

Falconpiolot......glad you received your Atlas....mines still 60 days out....please keep us up to speed on your loading results...especially 124’s with Auto-comp..........best of luck and thanks in advance.........

Mine is sitting at the local FedEx store until mondayyyyyyy grrrrrr lol

Anyone else having feed issues with precision deltas anymore?

Edited by tcazes

Just put another 16-1700 through the gun this past weekend.  So I'm now at ~2500 rounds through on the original shokbuff and DPP battery, which has been used in a decent amount of dry fire over the last month.  I wanted to see how far I could push those things before failure, but I'll go ahead and replace them now despite them showing no signs of wear. 

I shot a 3-day handgun course at TPC and here's some notes on the gun:

The gun got suuuuper dirty, between the very dirty ammo and the fine dust that I was in literally all day.  The first day there was about an hour or two of tornadic-like fine dust being blown around in the afternoon, and since we were doing lots of shooting, the gun was not covered for a lot of that time.  It did get to the point where it stopped functioning reliably, just too much dust and grime in there.  It only took a couple wipes and a few drops of oil to get it running again.  Ran well on the second day with a little less dusty conditions with the exception of one stovepipe towards the end.  I am guessing that the slower slide speed due to grime caused a weak ejection. On the third day I had one failure to go into battery, but as soon as I moved the gun to rack the slide, it went back into battery.   I did clean between each day, but not that thoroughly, there was still a lot of fine dust in there.  Now it needs a detail strip.

Considering the conditions, I am extremely happy.  It was so dirty that guys running polymer guns were having issues as well.  Not to mention this is a highly tuned race machine.  In a match environment, it would have been covered for all but 2 minutes while shooting, and there wouldn't be 600-700 rounds through it each day, and I'd probably have cleaned it a little during breaks.   I now have a lot of confidence in the reliability of the gun.  I ran all of my new magazines that will make up my competition magazines to vet them properly which consisted of the: 140mm Atlas-tuned included SVI/TTI, 1 MBX 140mm, 2 MBX 155mm, and 1 MBX 170mm.   The MBX 140 gave me several issues.  I had a round get underneath the follower while shooting which caused the magazine to not feed, and I also had a couple double feeds with that magazine.  I will be reaching out to MBX about getting it replaced or fixed.  The others all ran great, including a stock STI 140mm new gen that is part of my practice mag set.

my chaos is finally here!!! loaded up 124 pd's over 6.8 and 7.0 wac at 1.166 to test out tomorrow. cant wait to see how it chronos! my gun started out as a titan and i sent it back in to have a chaos top end made for it as well. best choice i have made yet! 

Atlas chaos

15 hours ago, tcazes said:

my chaos is finally here!!! loaded up 124 pd's over 6.8 and 7.0 wac at 1.166 to test out tomorrow. cant wait to see how it chronos! my gun started out as a titan and i sent it back in to have a chaos top end made for it as well. best choice i have made yet! 

Atlas chaos

That is one sweet looking Chaos! I can't wait on my taxes to come back!

11 minutes ago, GWChris said:

So just chrono'd. 124 MG 1.175 OAL with HS6. 8.4 he gave me 178 PF, 8.2 he gave me 175 and 8.0 gave me 169 PF. Gonna load at 8.1 and call it good

How did the 8.0 at 169PF shoot was it flat at all. As I'm shooting at 172PF and Adam said I could bring it down to 169-170PF and still shoot flat. I haven't tried it yet.