Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I turned 18 I went to the police station and got a pistol purchase permit (required in NJ) and bought my first gun, a used High Standard Trophy Model Military .22 pistol. I shot that happily for many years and sold it when my daughter was born. A few years ago I found one exactly like it at a gun show and bought it on the spot. If anybody has seen my original, Serial #2287980, I would be willing to buy it back. (yes, I still remember the serial number)

Doug

At about 8 years old a Sheridan Blue Streak. Then at about age 10 I got my first real gun a Ruger Super Bearcat 22 cal. for $54.00 bran new from the "The Gun Room" in Elgin,IL. It was beautiful !!!! Awe the memories..........

I apparently voted in this poll at some point, but I don't see a post by me.

So...

I shot my first gun in our garage when I was about 4. It was, if memory serves, a .22 revolver.

My first gun was a Stevens Marksman single shot .22 Pop had one when he was a kid in Virgina and bought one, it was so worn out, rusted that the barrel was useless. He got a H&R barrel, turned it to fit and I still shoot it today over 50 years later.

My first 'good gun' was a Remington 513T Matchmaster, dad cut a couple inches off so I could shoot it. Almost made it to Distinguished Marksman, but got PO'd with the club and quit.

I still have that gun, although I had to add a piece to the stock so it would fit.

For what it is worth My daughter is sort of following in my footsteps, shot her first gun at 4, has a Chipmunk that she gat at 7 and an Anschutz and a Beretta T87 pistol that she started shooting steel with this year.

Jim

• 1 year later...

Note: Merged thread.

Haven't found an official thread regarding this, but I was curious what everyone else started with when I opened up the safe and smiled when I picked up my first pistol I ever bought/fired. Since everyone started with something different I figured to just list the "firsts" for all 3.

Pistol: Beretta 92D Vertec

Shotgun: Beretta S686 Essential O/U

Rifle: Rock River Arms LAR-15 M4

Damn it!!! My search-fu is weak!! Forgot to put the quotes around the topic title when searching to see if this had been discussed yet. <_<

I feel a merge coming in the near future. Sorry mods.

Edited by alpha-charlie

Pistol: Ruger .22 revolver or MK II I don't remember which

Rifle: Sears Robuck 22 bolt action. Put a weaver 4X scope on it and still own it. Believe it or not it is very accurate for such a cheap gun.

Shotgun: Used 870 20 gauge

My first rifle was a Remington 788 in .243 from my dad. First shotgun was a NEF .410 single shot also given to me by Dad.

My first purchases:

Rifle Winchester 94 Trapper 30-30

Pistol Charter Arms Undercover 38 Spl

Shotgun Fox Double 20 ( the only one I dont still have)

Ahh memories...

Pistol: Ruger Single Six .22 - I was 7 or 8 - (This was a great gun, had cylinders for .22lr and .22 mag)

Shotgun: H&R .410 - 10 years old (it was a full choke, never hit a damn thing while hunting with it)

Rifle: A .22, do not remember the brand.... 10 years old (stock was so long, I could not shoot it comfortably till mid teens)

Damn it!!! My search-fu is weak!!

:roflol:

Edited to add, mine was a single shot 22 rifle (from Monkey Wards...I think). A hand me down from my brother. I was 8 years old. The tin cans that I could get my hands on did not survive the onslaught.

Edited by Jman

So many firsts, I don't know where to start.

1st Rifle-Sears 22 single shot I took from my older brother when he left for the navy. Probably shot 100,000 rds through it before he came home and took it back.

1st Shotgun-Ithaca M-66 in 20 guage for my 15th birthday. Let my dad sell it when I went in the army. Wish I still had it, it would be a great starter gun for my grand-son.

1st Pistol-Replica of a 1858 Remington New Model Army .36 cal black powder. Still have it.

1st Real Pistol-High Standard Sport King w/6" barrel. Sold it when I was in the army and have regretted it ever since.

1st Competition Gun-Browning Superposed Pidgeon Grade with Purbaugh tubes that I got to shoot skeet. Later added a full stable of Reminton 1100's, but the Browning is still my favorite. Still have them all.

1st Competiton Pistol-T/C in .22LR for NRA Silhouette. Later added .357 and .32 H&R Magnum barrels. Still have them.

1st USPSA Pistol-Springfield 1911 .45ACP. Still have it, but have not used it in years, since I saw the light and went to revolver.

1st "GOOD" Revolver-S&W M-25 6 1/2" barrel, .45ACP. Started with that in USPSA and will one day pass it on to my grand-son, along with most of my other guns.

There have been a lot of other guns, but these standout in my memory.

First gun I went and bought was a Ruger p95 right when they came out. But grew up shooting 1911's and either a Ruger Security Six or a Smith model 19, but those were not mine

the first gun bought for me was a single shot 20 gauge winchester shot gun to go hunting with my dad and brother.