Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

who make the best 2011 frame?

Sandbagger123

3 hours ago, anilson said:

Because people get upset when they are not number one.

I don't really understand the general secrecy of this forum. Someone posted a question that many many people are interested in the answer to, so why not just post the answer for everyone? So what if someone is a little annoyed that they aren't number one. 

And it isn't just this topic in particular, it happens a lot here with many different topics. It seems like this happens with shooting/the-whole-firearms-industry-in-general more than anywhere else that I have seen. I used to be a big mountain biker and you know what, if someone is putting out a great product, you hear about it and if someone is putting out crap, I can guarantee you will hear about that too. 

13 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

I don't really understand the general secrecy of this forum. Someone posted a question that many many people are interested in the answer to, so why not just post the answer for everyone? So what if someone is a little annoyed that they aren't number one. 

And it isn't just this topic in particular, it happens a lot here with many different topics. It seems like this happens with shooting/the-whole-firearms-industry-in-general more than anywhere else that I have seen. I used to be a big mountain biker and you know what, if someone is putting out a great product, you hear about it and if someone is putting out crap, I can guarantee you will hear about that too. 

Too heavily moderated but always has been. I get the intent of keeping things civil but I agree with you that if something is garbage it should be known by anybody who may throw money away on it.

ANYWAY, there are threads around here somewhere about STI frames being warped, out of spec, sloppy tolerances etc. When CK frames debuted they were notably higher quality than STI . 

I don't know about any of the other frames out there but I would assume by now they are all probably of equal quality.

Too heavily moderated but always has been. I get the intent of keeping things civil but I agree with you that if something is garbage it should be known by anybody who may throw money away on it.

ANYWAY, there are threads around here somewhere about STI frames being warped, out of spec, sloppy tolerances etc. When CK frames debuted they were notably higher quality than STI . 

I don't know about any of the other frames out there but I would assume by now they are all probably of equal quality.

Yea I think we have all seen the threads on STI vs everything else, so i don't understand why it would be the end of the world to be like "oh well as a gunsmith I like L10 over CK, or CK over LSI, or LSI over L10" or whatever and explain why.

As consumers that have essentially zero way to know for sure about a product (simply from a lack of numbers of people that use these types of frames), hearing it first hand from somebody that actually works with them day in and day out seems tremendously useful to those of us that may be looking at spending 2, 3, 4, maybe 5,000 or more dollars on one of these.

Yea I think we have all seen the threads on STI vs everything else, so i don't understand why it would be the end of the world to be like "oh well as a gunsmith I like L10 over CK, or CK over LSI, or LSI over L10" or whatever and explain why.

As consumers that have essentially zero way to know for sure about a product (simply from a lack of numbers of people that use these types of frames), hearing it first hand from somebody that actually works with them day in and day out seems tremendously useful to those of us that may be looking at spending 2, 3, 4, maybe 5,000 or more dollars on one of these.

I don't disagree, but Adam has posted a ton of good info here and on YouTube. I can understand him not wanting to start a kerfuffle by naming his preference on a public forum. Usually best to not ruffle any more feathers than needed.

What would you do with the info anyway unless you're building your own?

On September 12, 2016 at 1:34 PM, Sandbagger123 said:

So how many people make a 2011 frame these days. PT/ STI/SV  LSI  cK and some place in San diegoare a few i can think of .  So who makes the best or are they pretty much the same? 

I don't make the frames I'm getting them from L-10 in the 80%.  I'm having good luck with them, seems like most of my builds are custom serial numbers, the  L-10  allows me to do my own numbers.  I've used the PT for a few years and had good success with them, so in a nut shell ... witch ever one you pick should make a good build... that's my 2 cents worth of info..lol  

Edited by GlennRasch

I'm with Glenn on this one.  I've used a few different ones on builds and they all have there plusses.  I dont think there is a "bad" one out there.  Just different in the details that they all pay attention to.  Ultimately, it's gonna come down to who is building it and what kind of detail they pay attention to during fitting and assembly.

11 hours ago, praff said:

I'm with Glenn on this one.  I've used a few different ones on builds and they all have there plusses.  I dont think there is a "bad" one out there.  Just different in the details that they all pay attention to.  Ultimately, it's gonna come down to who is building it and what kind of detail they pay attention to during fitting and assembly.

:bow: