Rules trivia revisited

Sarge

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ktm, moto,

Should you get DQed for picking up your own unloaded gun when you drop it?

Yep, you dropped it so you already are suspect. Let someone else pick it up and clear it.

It is either that or DQ you for dropping it in the first place. (edit)

Edited by ktm300

I would say once the RO's gun is involved (be it shooting a stage or looking at it laying on the ground) then the "RO" is no longer an "RO" at that point in time. Get thee another RO to RO you while yer shooting or needing it picked up off the ground.

As to the other matter, you mean that convenient bucket in the PP is not a gun/purse holder?

I think maybe the port potty when a girl is in it should be considered like a foreign embassy, it's there but completely sovereign territory of which I want no knowledge.

that said...I don't care how far it is I would never take a chance on my gun going down the hole of a porta potty because there's no way in hell I'd ever want it back. When I hit the head I make sure it's tightly in the holster and I use the urinal on the side so my hip is never over the hell-hole. Of course I'm a big guy so logistics of any type of clothing manipulation in a porta potty don't work in my mind, maybe somebody half my size has all the room they need to debelt, (then what, there's no where to hang it, set it on the floor :sick: ) and do my business.

Best option is tell the RO (aren't there really two ROs? one running and one scoring, wouldn't both be able to clear you and let you bag it? at the line) and bag the gun then go to the head. Nice and comfy

Red

So we don't trust the RO for following safety rules.

Some of these rule are very ironic for a sport that you get to literally run around and shoot a loaded gun in.. 180, AD, finger, or sweeping yourself with a loaded gun has the same consequences as unlocking a Tech-Lok holster from your belt with the gun still in it.

Maybe each porta crapper should be designated a "Safe Area" going forward. That or we could attach a shelf to the outside for people to "safe" their gun befoe dropping their pants.

That wouldn't be a bad plan (the safe table just outside). I know at 2 of the clubs I shoot at the nearest blue room is probably 100 yards away from the safety table, which can be more than a bit annoying at times.

So we don't trust the RO for following safety rules.

In this case it is not following a safety rule, since I don't think anyone believes that the lady did anything unsafe (millions of times each day people who carry loaded weapons take a crap without incident).

It would be a great no call for an r.o. and a nice opportunity for the rules committee to fix.

Ktm, moto,

Should you get DQed for picking up your own unloaded gun when you drop it?

you should get a kick in the nuts if you drop your gun. I have only ever dropped a gun once, luckily it was in between periods at a pro hockey game and it was loaded. (iwb holster popped off when i adjusted my shirt). I had to hand my beer to a buddy and quickly disappear into the bathroom to fix it. Now I don't carry without a proper belt. I probably should have been dq'd from the game.

Rule judgements can't be made on assumptions. For me, if I didn't see it, it didn't happen. What about a situation where one of the shooters comes up to you (the RO) and tells you that he saw someone unholster his pistol outside of the safe area, are you going to DQ him? I might talk to that person but I wouldn't DQ them because I didn't see it.

Edited by Bkreutz

I dropped my gun once. My holster self destructed while resetting a stage and fell of my belt with the gun still in it. Was is it a dropped gun or a holstered gun? Hmmmmmmm

i believe that is a dropped gun and you will need RO supervision to retrieve it and get dressed again. My reasoning is that since intentionally removing your belt/holster with the gun in it is considered 'handling a gun', with the resultant DQ, inadvertently removing your belt/holster with gun (wardrobe failure) is the same as the gun being knocked out of the holster outside the COF.

Rule judgements can't be made on assumptions. For me, if I didn't see it, it didn't happen. What about a situation where one of the shooters comes up to you (the RO) and tells you that he saw someone unholster his pistol outside of the safe area, are you going to DQ him? I might talk to that person but I wouldn't DQ them because I didn't see it.

Remove the assumption and explore:

If the "someone" (in the above situation) admits to you (the RO) that yes, they did indeed unholster outside the safe area (as reported by the "shooter") - what do you (as an RO) do then? Although you (the RO) didn't see the action, everyone agrees that it occurred and it's uncontested. What do you do?

Remove the assumption and explore:

If the "someone" (in the above situation) admits to you (the RO) that yes, they did indeed unholster outside the safe area (as reported by the "shooter") - what do you (as an RO) do then? Although you (the RO) didn't see the action, everyone agrees that it occurred and it's uncontested. What do you do?

Turn it over to the MD. I still didn't see it and I'm not a judge making a decision based on statements. If the shooter was honest enough to admit it, I would expect he would be the type that would DQ themselves.

I dry fire when I'm in the Porta shiter. Especially if there is a strong hand and weak hand stage coming up. Also it's a great place to practice reloads since you can't have Ammo and mags in the safe area

Best. 10/10

I'll refrain from commenting on this one, but will say, "it is def one of the more entertaining post in the rules forum."

Okay, I can't help it... What if she were wearing gym short or a bikini to shoot the match? Without the PP cam, you def couldn't prove an infraction. Hahaha. ROFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe each porta crapper should be designated a "Safe Area" going forward. That or we could attach a shelf to the outside for people to "safe" their gun befoe dropping their pants.

They had safe tables near the time capsules at Prod Nationals last year. Great idea.

As usual we're making this too hard. Anybody (male or female) who feels they may have a need to go to the john at frequent or inopportune times can carry a gun bag or sleeve. Let the RO know, get bagged, go do your thing, unbag & reholster afterwards. No biggie. Responsible, straightforward, easy.

Edited by teros135

There's only ONE type of person that does this, and that's a total noob that didn't have the instructions explain to them well. I'd have a hard time DQing a guy for that.

On the other hand... I'd likely never squad with the person that tattled on a guy like that.

The imaginary safety of the "safe area" always makes me laugh... especially since I'd say 1/2 the ones I've seen are placed in such a position where you'd be sweeping people if you turned your gun 45* in either direction.