Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rules trivia revisited

Sarge

As usual we're making this too hard. Anybody (male or female) who feels they may have a need to go to the john at frequent or inopportune times can carry a gun bag or sleeve. Let the RO know, get bagged, go do your thing, unbag & reholster afterwards. No biggie. Responsible, straightforward, easy.

Reminds me, if it is really a safety thing then the gun bags all need to be bullet proof , right ?

Otherwise seems like the gun bag thing just adds extra elements of hazard to the whole pee pee scenario.

Edited by IHAVEGAS

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had to clean this thread up. If you don't want this closed, keep it on topic and respectful. First and last reminder...

Attitude
Please be polite. Or if not polite, at least respectful.
No bickering. Regardless of the subject matter.
Antagonistic, offensive, or quarrelsome tones are not acceptable.

As usual we're making this too hard. Anybody (male or female) who feels they may have a need to go to the john at frequent or inopportune times can carry a gun bag or sleeve. Let the RO know, get bagged, go do your thing, unbag & reholster afterwards. No biggie. Responsible, straightforward, easy.

Reminds me, if it is really a safety thing then the gun bags all need to be bullet proof , right ?

Otherwise seems like the gun bag thing just adds extra elements of hazard to the whole pee pee scenario.

My response assumes this is a serious discussion. If we're not going to take safety seriously, we're taking a huge risk of damaging our sport - by slacking off on safety and opening the door to the (hopefully) few but very serious mistakes that involve a gun going off.

We can (and should) start with Jeff Cooper's four rules of gun safety - starting with "Every gun is loaded" and go from there.

the idea behind the bag is that you can't access the trigger. Is it 100%, probably not.

Maybe it's because I'm new to the game but if that scenario happened and she got dq'ed It would really turn me off from uspsa. Maybe veterans have a different opinion but that just doesn't seem right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This vet has the same opinion as you.

Me too.
It's not veterans. It's anybody who tries to learn the rules. I'm not saying I would DQ her out of hand but when another shooter sees the same thing and asks", hmmm wonder how she did that?"

https://www.shewee.ca