Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The short announcement - What happened to her?

acpie360

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just my opinion

I hate it when someone loses their job involuntarily and I am assuming that occurred in this case. However, it is sometimes necessary due to performance issues....deliberate or or ability related nonperformance must be corrected. It is well known that many "connected" members of USPSA felt this employee was inadequate in performing their job. When that happens something must be done by those charged with running the organization or they are inadequate in doing their job.

I hate it this lady (who I do not know) lost her job (or quit it under pressure), but I think it reflects the opinion of many members and I thank the new president and BOD for tackling this thankless task early in order to correct many perceived (and documented) deficiencies at HQ. The ED is probably the most important employee at USPSA in moving the organization forward. Even though I do not know her, I certainly wish her well in the future.

I thank the new pres and the BOD for tackling a tough task in order to help us all achieve a better future.

Since this is somehow still open I'll add a thought. Didn't the presidency become a full time position now? Maybe an ED is less essential?

Valid point. We may not need somebody in that position any longer.

Since this is somehow still open I'll add a thought. Didn't the presidency become a full time position now? Maybe an ED is less essential?

Valid point. We may not need somebody in that position any longer.

That's kinda what I was thinking

This is still open because it has not violated any forum rules...yet...However, the IBTL crap is getting old...we can close this, if you like, so you can be right...

What does this acronym mean?

This is still open because it has not violated any forum rules...yet...However, the IBTL crap is getting old...we can close this, if you like, so you can be right...

What does this acronym mean?

In Before The Lock

Don't hate the player, hate the game[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Having a full time PAYED president can't be cheap, you got to cut the fat somewhere..

Hasn't it always been a paid position?

I would also assume that ED salary is more than the Pres salary.

Wasn't full time though Edited by Sarge

If you are a member of any organization, you should be told their salaries!

You are. Or rather we all are. Non-profit companies...501 ( c ) ( 3 ) 's to be exact have their yearly tax returns posted to a website called guidestar.com or guidestar.org . Us individuals have to submit a Form 1040 every year. The non-profit counterpart to that is an IRS Form 990. So if you care that much, you can register at guidestar, log in, and do a search for your favorite 501 ( c ) ( 3 )'s.

One word of caution though, don't look up say Wounded Warrior Project, or the Red Cross, or Planned Parenthood, or the NFL (yes, the NFL is a non-profit, believe it or not), or anything to do with cancer because the obscene salaries those execs are "making" might just tick you off.

Kim was a nice person. She worked for USPSA for ~15 years under Dave Thomas. She did a pretty good job overall with some missteps.

WE could fill up the entire internet memory with the pros and cons of the former director and presidents.

That is all done and gone. The fact is she is gone. Any employee should at least gotten a thank you and good wishes regardless of personal opinions.

The notification of her leaving was a classless act.

Kim was a nice person. She worked for USPSA for ~15 years under Dave Thomas. She did a pretty good job overall with some missteps.

WE could fill up the entire internet memory with the pros and cons of the former director and presidents.

That is all done and gone. The fact is she is gone. Any employee should at least gotten a thank you and good wishes regardless of personal opinions.

My thoughts, exactly.

Edited by BritinUSA

My thoughts, exactly.

Had you been elected President, how would you have handled it?

The Executive Director shall be knowledgeable of practical shooting, shall be selected by the Board of Directors and may be removed at any time, with or without cause, only by the Board of Directors

I kinda hinted at it in another thread, but how the IL DNR didn't have any balls to tell me to my face that they didn't want me to be USPSA/SC match director at the World Shooting Complex and were replacing me, a non-paid volunteer, with two state contract employees, a married couple....now that was a classless act.

Luckily, at least one person, Val, at USPSA HQ did have enough class to tip me off about it.

EDIT: the state was about $5 billion in debt when I was replaced, too. As far as I know, the new Republican governor had the good sense to shut down the money losing World Shooting Complex.

Edited by Chills1994

There are a few laws concerning employment rights and privacy. Even within any organization, it is very dangerous to make official or public statements concerning hiring and termination activities. The specific details are not for public consumption and may be subject to legal repercussion.