Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do you leave your press "Loaded"

louu

Do you empty out your powder, primers, bullets and brass every time you are done loading for the day?

Or

Do you just leave it full of everything and get back to loading when you have time?

If so, how long do you feel comfortable leaving it like that?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Primers are down to when the sensor goes off on my 1050 and until they run out on my LNL. I don't pour out powder unless I switch. I have left powder in the hopper for months. My powder tubes are discolored and nasty looking. I chrono my match ammo. All is well.

I load in a garage that is not climate controlled and I empty everything every time. I might load 200-300 rounds and then not have time to sit down again for 2-3 weeks. Add to this that that the same bench is used to restore old workworking tools, build wooden drawers shelves and fix cars and lawn mowers,

I need a dedicated reloading room ....

I empty the powder because if left, it discolors the plastic powder hopper. Primers don't stay in because I run through whatever is in there. If I have projectiles left, I leave them in the bullet tray. I have 4 Dillon's and my two 1050's are dedicated to .9mm and .45 so leaving projectiles is no big deal. I have a dedicated, climate controlled reloading room but still don't feel comfortable leaving the powder in the hopper.

G

Edited by Slotbike

The only thing I try to do is get the level of the powder down low enough so its not touching the plastic cylinder. That way the plastic doesn't get discolored.

That's interesting.....how long are you comfortable leaving powder in there?

G

The only thing I try to do is get the level of the powder down low enough so its not touching the plastic cylinder. That way the plastic doesn't get discolored.

That's interesting.....how long are you comfortable leaving powder in there?

G

I don't shoot a lot of volume so it can be anywhere from a month to 6 months.