Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pistol Caliber Carbine. (PCC)

DocMedic

Another thing that can be done if the matches are getting overcrowded, is add an afternoon session.

Morning session sets up, and is out of there by 12-1pm. Afternoon session starts at 1pm, and tears down around 5pm.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, those who do the work should absolutely stay there all day to accommodate for people who don't want to get up early.. Or not..

wait, what? the common sense way would be to have a 2nd MD to hand off the scoring stuff to, and the afternoon group puts everything away and tidies up. This assumes that you're just pulling RO's from each squad, and not trying to have static RO's.

It looks like we are going to split up the MD duties for our weeknight steel matches in order to set up earlier without having 1 guy be stuck there excessively long.

Yes, those who do the work should absolutely stay there all day to accommodate for people who don't want to get up early.. Or not..

wait, what? the common sense way would be to have a 2nd MD to hand off the scoring stuff to, and the afternoon group puts everything away and tidies up. This assumes that you're just pulling RO's from each squad, and not trying to have static RO's.

It looks like we are going to split up the MD duties for our weeknight steel matches in order to set up earlier without having 1 guy be stuck there excessively long.

Yea, I can see that. I guess it all depends on what part of the country you are in. Here in the Denver area I think we almost have too many options and the number of folks who are willing to put in the work and pound the stakes are becoming few and far between. We are lucky enough to have two and sometimes three matches a weekend within about an hour or two but it ends up being the same folks doing all the work.

Instead of capping the MV at 1600 fps, I would just cap the PF and then allow any carbine to play. 230k PF max will keep the steels safe from harm. Edited to add, also capping MV will rule out any high velocity low grain weight rounds. Therefore 1600fps then still would be a good idea.

Edited by shooterready

Disappointed to see suppressors aren't allowed, but I guess it's hard to pick up the shot without them at times.

I love suppressors but I agree there isn't a place for them here.

Unsuppressed .22 rimfires are tough enough with some timers.

Edited by AJE

Would love to see 300 BLK subsonic allowed.

what part of pistol caliber and 300 blackout/whisper make sense :surprise: together

What part of "subsonic" did you not read?
Edited by cnote

what part of pistol caliber and 300 blackout/whisper make sense :surprise: together

Did not mean to offend ....

Just being realistic, no chrono at locals. I understand subsonic, but I also predict people showing up at locals with rifle rounds that may or may not be subsonic, just like people shooting ammo they claim makes PF and doesn't , of course this would be a disadvantage in the 300 situation, but people have been known to fubar stuff

Yea, I can see that. I guess it all depends on what part of the country you are in. Here in the Denver area I think we almost have too many options and the number of folks who are willing to put in the work and pound the stakes are becoming few and far between. We are lucky enough to have two and sometimes three matches a weekend within about an hour or two but it ends up being the same folks doing all the work.
Exactly ... We don't have people waiting in line to volunteer to be MDs around here and I for one have a long enough day as it is as a MD without adding a 2nd 'go' to the day ....however with more volunteers there are always lots of creative things that can be done to ease over crowding ... Edited by Nimitz

Just being realistic, no chrono at locals. I understand subsonic, but I also predict people showing up at locals with rifle rounds that may or may not be subsonic, just like people shooting ammo they claim makes PF and doesn't , of course this would be a disadvantage in the 300 situation, but people have been known to fubar stuff

Point taken. There is always one bad apple in the bunch ;o)

The speed does not make it a rifle or a pistol caliber. I agree for simplicity sake lets keep it pistol caliber.

I realize this thread is primarily about semi-auto carbines. Would USPSA entertain the thought of lever action carbines too? If so would they be a separate division within PCC? I have a Browning 1892 in .357 and its a lot of fun to shoot. Might attract the cowboy shooters too. This WILL slow up the match though. I'd still try it with the Browning. FYI....Might be time to dust off the Thureon Defense .45 I have.

Cowboy shooters may have a hard time making minor :roflol:

Dream on, they have 16" of barrel to use. Thanks for the well thought out statement. I don't have to push a .38 or .45 hard to make minor. I can also knock down steel that 9mm can't.

The reloading time for some will be slower, but with some shooters having a preshoot routine bordering on delay of game/"I'm aging in place here" we can afford to hang out for a bit so someone can reload and finish the stage. It doesn't take long at all.

I'd like to see the caliber list expanded to include the traditional pistol calibers that aren't box magazine fed. Not everyone wants to run an AR. I'd run my lever gun just to be different. I think it'd be funny to see the disbelief on the faces of the peanut gallery.