Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 USPSA Revolver Nationals

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes moving it to coincide with SS did help the numbers grow the first year but have declined ever since. During that time the Memphis Charity Revolver match only had taken place in 2010, 11 and 12 with respective numbers of 69, 76 and 63 it has not been held since then and will be held again this year. Also during this time the IRC in 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 and 15 had numbers of 209, 222, 232, 241, 236, 202 and 176.

I guess what I am trying to point out that when it is a revolver only match on its own not following anything you get more numbers. When I look back at Production and Limited there numbers were good but when moved to stand alone they went from Limited 159 to 296 and Production from 177 to 375. Now grant it these are more popular divisions but when moved they grew. Not saying revolver would grow that much but I think it would definitely make a difference.

Regardless if they ever make it a stand alone I will still go as there is something about revolver that makes my motor run, Another way to look at it is if only 10 show up I will have a top 10 finish.

Although it seems that comparing USPSA revolver nationals to a stand alone match like the IRC seems like a good idea, I'm not sure if it's realistic.

How many are the same people? There are tons of people I see every year at the IRC, and other west coast icore matches, but have no interest in shooting USPSA revolver nationals.

Same with nationals, not too many of those 88 are coming to the IRC, half of them if we are very very lucky.

I'm sorry I missed the SS and REV nationals this year. I've been to the previous two and the last one in Las Vegas. For me it really is about cost. I have flown to LV and St. Louis, and I have driven to Barry. I love PASA and the staff. But this wasn't about the range or the people. It was about my budget, and a few other things like Mother's Day. So, to make assumptions about why turnout slipped this year as a result of major/minor, SS nationals, not a stand alone match, or any other reason would be without merit.

Perhaps to answer the question is a survey of previous competitors, for their non-attendance. No assumptions. We have everyone's mailing address or email, why not ask. It would also be interesting to see the plotting of the home city for each participant, just to see the dispersion by the numbers. Btw, that wasn't an offer to volunteer.

But PASA unfortunately is remote and limited on accommodations, restaurants, and cheap transportation outside the radius of 8 to 10 hour drive time.

I almost feel as though I am being traitor to PASA for mentioning anything negative, because without them we wouldn't have the Classic Nationals. If only it wasn't so far and remote.

Well it looks like I need to get into the fray. I would like a stand alone Revo match of a Nationals event, But we need to have someone do it. It is a big undertaking and the people that RO , plan, and administrate matches are pretty thin spread. Stage design is a key component. I like to be able to play on the edge sometimes so to push hard and contain enough to not step off into the precipice. It is a thrill ride, albeit short lived. Well I am rambling a bit much take for what it is worth. Roger Davis

Revo Nats IRC

2009 209

2010 22 222

2011 21 232

2012 17 241

2013 119 236

2014 113 202

2015 106 176

2016 86

The numbers show a drop off at IRC in the same years as Revo Nats.

Yes it does and that can be attributed to the change in location and time of year. With it going to Frostproof Florida this year and the first of November. Time will only tell if numbers drop again. As of 10 days after registration opened up on May 1 and 137 have signed up it is looking pretty good. Still better than 86. Edited by revoman

Match was fun and the weather held out. Great squad and got to meet/shoot with Pat Jones and 71Commander from the forum.

Shot poorly but still on a whole squad of wheelgunners and all the other wheelguns around what is not to like.

Much Thanks to staff and everyone involved in making the match happen. (especially the shuttle drivers :roflol: )

That was fun. I got to shoot with some of the top shooters. I followed Alec in squad rotation. Started out with a clicker on the first reload. Worked the trigger until I fired off the round into the barricade. Clean after that. Finished top Super Senior, with Roger Reid finishing second. I like Roger. Rather beat Bubber.

That was fun. I got to shoot with some of the top shooters. I followed Alec in squad rotation. Started out with a clicker on the first reload. Worked the trigger until I fired off the round into the barricade. Clean after that. Finished top Super Senior, with Roger Reid finishing second. I like Roger. Rather beat Bubber.

Hey Rich you will have our chance at the Rocky Mtn Regional...or are you skerrit...:) Hope to see you there so we can catch up on our lies and trade stories.

1/2 my squad including myself shot SS.. of the 9 people on the sqaud 3 only shot revolver because it was the same weekend. 1 will never comeback because its shooting the same match twice and the stages are to short.

I personally would have to rethink the entire trip if it was a stand alone match in its current format. The stages would have to be much bigger..its sad but true.

I wonder if we would get a better turn out if it was on fathers day?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I will not shoot it again until it moves from Mothers Day and hopefully away from the SSC. I shot it in '13 and did not like the stages for a Level 2or 3 match. Way too short, I don't drive 16 hours for 24 rds max. per stage.

Call the Memphis match the Revo Nat and I will be back.

Paul Beck

I will not shoot it again until it moves from Mothers Day and hopefully away from the SSC. I shot it in '13 and did not like the stages for a Level 2or 3 match. Way too short, I don't drive 16 hours for 24 rds max. per stage.

Call the Memphis match the Revo Nat and I will be back.

Paul Beck

Try the IRC you will not be disappointed.

ChuckS,

For the first time in its history, the IRC left the Hogue range and came to Fallon, Nevada (Stillwater Firearms Association range) in 2015.

And for 2016, the IRC will be in Florida.

Some of the very first were held in Montrose Colorado and 1 was in Reno Nevada.

Match was fun and the weather held out. Great squad and got to meet/shoot with Pat Jones and 71Commander from the forum.

Shot poorly but still on a whole squad of wheelgunners and all the other wheelguns around what is not to like.

Much Thanks to staff and everyone involved in making the match happen. (especially the shuttle drivers :roflol: )

Good time was had shooting with Squad 2. Good to see the young fellow from Iowa on our squad, Craig, tearing it up with the wheelgun, he was probably 1/2 the age of anyone else on the squad. And I won the 9mm XD-M in the random drawing, that's a first!

Edited by johnmac