Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2016 USPSA Revolver Nationals

Looks like the design team did a good job in my opinion!

Yes, but did they have to rub it in and list "1911 design team " for nearly every stage at the Revo nats. How about listing "Revo design team" for the couple stages they changed.

Edited by PatJones

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the design team did a good job in my opinion!

Yes, but did they have to rub it in and list "1911 design team " for nearly every stage at the Revo nats. How about listing "Revo design team" for the couple stages they changed.
Yea I thought that was dumb, why they didn't just say Classic Nationals Design Team on all of them seems odd.

• 3 weeks later...

88 shooters?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yes, but it's 88 revolver shooters. This is gonna be the biggest Revo match I've ever attended. My goal is to shoot to my classification level.

I'm stoked to see the forecast clearing up.

It says "Jones" on my hearing protection. Say hi if you see me kicking around the range.

88 shooters?

Yes, but it's 88 revolver shooters. This is gonna be the biggest Revo match I've ever attended. My goal is to shoot to my classification level.

It says "Jones" on my hearing protection. Say hi if you see me kicking around the range.

That'll be easy as I'm squadded with you. :)

88 shooters?

That'll be easy as I'm squadded with you. :)

Same here squad 2 :cheers:

As to attendance IMO having it on Mothers Day doesn't help.

I hate to even bring it up but I think the rule change hurt attendance. I know it killed it locally with it slowly making its way back.

Another problem IMO is the stages at this match. Last year was terrible with 14 stages and 7 of them 12 rounds or less. Our local matches have almost as many rounds with half the stages. I have heard a few say they were not going because of the stages.

I personally liked the stages at the 2014 match but last year was not even close.

I know the history of the match and stage designs but it is a National Championship and I feel it should reflect what shooters are shooting every weekend across the country. A couple 32 round field courses and a couple 28 and 24 rounders would mix in well.

JMO

The time of year isn't the best for me either. I leave for Illinois on Wednesday, the third anniversary on my wedding. Saturday is my wife's birthday. My wife is a saint.

I wish nationals were at the end of the shooting season, not the beginning. That said, Revo probably does pair up better with single stack than production.

Being on Mother's Day weekend is a problem for me. The low (below 20) majority round count stages do not encourage my interest either. Two to four medium and two long course stages in the mix out of 14 stages would not hurt.

The Mother's Day weekend schedule is the big issue for me though. I cannot see me choosing the match over my family. I competed in 2013 figuring that it was scheduled the only time that was available. Somehow Carry Optics got its own date away from the holiday weekend, so my theory about scheduling does not seem to be true.

I hate to even bring it up but I think the rule change hurt attendance.

Which one is that?

6 Major/ 8 Minor

Also what I said above about the stages. Just want to clarify that the design of the stages was/is not the problem. It is the round counts and balance of the match that I don't like.

I shoot 4 or 5 Majors every year and a local pretty much every weekend and other than the classifer at locals I don't shoot as many 20 round or less stages ALL YEAR as I do at the nationals.(one match)

I really hate to complain because as a revolver shooter I love the challenge. I'm spoiled a little to as the local majors are all high round count matches(all the Indiana matches including the Indiana 400 with 18 stages and 400+ rounds and the Kentucky Sectional with 10 32 round stages)

32+ rounds I don't care, lots of steel I don't care, long shots I don't care, hard cover and no shoots I don't care, 8 shot friendly I don't care as we all have to figure out how to shoot the course of fire.

I love the Texas star and Polish plate rack but can see them slowing down the match.

As a old and fat guy I hate the low ports and other very physical challenges and I will bitch about them but I'm bitching about being old and fat and not the stages.

I understand the tradition of the SS Classic but I also here a lot of SS shooters complaining about the short round count stages.

The 1911 and revolver have evolved over the years and maybe it is time for this match to evolve.

That being said I'm glad to have a Revolver Nationals and will shoot it.

Crashing the party . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .If you want som high round count stages where you can shoot both your high cpacity Revolver and your Major NORMAL capacity revolver come shoot the Memphis Charity Challenge in October !!!!!!!!

See MCC post for entry form and Info. :cheers:

I promise you will enjoy the stages, comradery, and raise some money for a very good cause.

so far in the stages that are designed we are averaging 21 rounds a stage (one 40 rounder!)

Me, the 2013 Nationals was all I needed to see to know where that was going.

Hopalong

I hate to even bring it up but I think the rule change hurt attendance.

Which one is that?

6 Major/ 8 Minor

Also what I said above about the stages. Just want to clarify that the design of the stages was/is not the problem. It is the round counts and balance of the match that I don't like.

I shoot 4 or 5 Majors every year and a local pretty much every weekend and other than the classifer at locals I don't shoot as many 20 round or less stages ALL YEAR as I do at the nationals.(one match)

I really hate to complain because as a revolver shooter I love the challenge. I'm spoiled a little to as the local majors are all high round count matches(all the Indiana matches including the Indiana 400 with 18 stages and 400+ rounds and the Kentucky Sectional with 10 32 round stages)

32+ rounds I don't care, lots of steel I don't care, long shots I don't care, hard cover and no shoots I don't care, 8 shot friendly I don't care as we all have to figure out how to shoot the course of fire.

I love the Texas star and Polish plate rack but can see them slowing down the match.

As a old and fat guy I hate the low ports and other very physical challenges and I will bitch about them but I'm bitching about being old and fat and not the stages.

I understand the tradition of the SS Classic but I also here a lot of SS shooters complaining about the short round count stages.

The 1911 and revolver have evolved over the years and maybe it is time for this match to evolve.

That being said I'm glad to have a Revolver Nationals and will shoot it.

Thread drift...

You actually enjoy 10 32 round stages? That sounds awful to me, variety is the spice of life.

And your local match directors must have some serious hate of short courses if you shoot every weekend and don't see them. Super technical short and medium courses are way more interesting to me than big field stages. We have those regularly around here. 10-22 rounds, and you have to absolutely get it right. We had one a couple months ago that was a full size popper, mini popper, and a plate on one side of a wall and 3 turtles (3 per paper) on the other. That tiny 5 second stage probably had as much or more discussion on the best way to shoot it than most of the other stages in the match. That is awesome.

Back to topic...

I do think there should a couple more longer courses at this match, since it is the nationals and all. Testing as many skillsets as possible seems logical to me.

Perhaps a better way to put it is to let the SSC go back to being what it wants to be and take the USPSA Nationals on the road...

Crashing the party . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .If you want som high round count stages where you can shoot both your high cpacity Revolver and your Major NORMAL capacity revolver come shoot the Memphis Charity Challenge in October !!!!!!!!

I promise you will enjoy the stages, comradery, and raise some money for a very good cause.

so far in the stages that are designed we are averaging 21 rounds a stage (one 40 rounder!)

Hopalong

I was at your very 1st one. 100+ shooters. 1st exposure to the polish plate rack. Great match save for the flooding. :)

Edited by 71Commander

Hopalong

You had me at 40 round field course Sam.

PM sent.