Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Your Preferred CONCEALED CARRY Belt & Holster Combo, and Why?

EchoMan

So here is my daily set up: Ares Gear Aegis Enhanced belt, very stiff and the buckle allows for easy adjustment; Raven concealment AIWB holster (with the Apendix part removed and sitting strong side hip); Mitch Rosen 5DM double mag pouch (can't say enough good about this mag pouch, close to body, comfy, well make). What ever you choose, make sure you pick quality gear, cry once for good gear, cry over and over for crap.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Really depends a lot on what you're carrying ...

And, your preference of location ...

And, security level ....

I carry my KelTec P11 in my pocket (in a holster)

but the bigger guns get carried behind the hip

or appendix carry, depending on what I'm wearing.

Hot vs cold weather?

You'll need more than one holster .... :cheers:

Depends on the gun. IHL leather in FBI cant for 1911. Galco leather belt. That's for a suit. Because it's invisible, no printing, and fast. And ok riding in a car. Hi-Power Jack is pretty much on it.

Edited by Jadeslade

1.5 inch heavy leather belt from Galco. Old Ernie Hill horsehide single mag pouch on weak side. OWB Bianchi Model 7 Shadow holster (with the thumb snaps cut off.. they aren't needed with this pancake holster design) on the strong side. S&W M&P9c with full sized (17 round) mags loaded to 15 rounds with one in the chamber for 15+1 gun and 15 to reload.

I've been shooting M&Ps in IDPA/Steel Challenge/USPSA since they first came out in 2005. I'm comfortable with this set up. I normally carry under a large untucked tee-shirt. I've won a IDPA BUG match with this set up, and also used it to shoot the current Federal Air Marshal qualifier course clean.

Works for me.

If you don't mind the wait and the price tag, I am in love with my Crossbreed IWB's. A stiffer belt is of course preferred, but there have been times I carried/shot with a flimsy *ss cotton belt and had zero issues with snagging or holster movement. The clips are strong and build/material quality is top notch! If I carry a pocket pistol, I'm a fan of the DeSantis Nemesis. Sticks to the inside of the pocket really well, and does a good job of hiding any printing. Hope this helps ??

• 1 month later...

My clothes determine my concealed carry preference. I start with #1 of this list and move down if my cloths doesn't work.

1) Stiff leather belt with leather OWB holster with belts loops on each side of the pistol in the 3 o'clock position

2) Stiff leather belt with leather IWB holster with belts loops on each side of the pistol in the 3 o'clock position

3) pocket holster (0.380 Kahr)

I have tried Kydex hybrids and found they do not conform or move to the body well. I also found belt loops front and back of the pistol keep the pistol from rotating and make the holster and pistol combo slimmer.

• 4 weeks later...

Glock 19 Wilderness Frequent Flier five stitch most of the time. JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster or Raven Eidolon. If the weather is cooler I use a Raven OWB holster with pancake wings. If I'm going light, just around the house, I use a Kramer pocket holster and a J frame.

I also have a Saddleback Leather belt that I like a lot.