Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 larger grip sizes.

dogtired

I believe the rubber grips are some of the largest available.

There is a list of grip thickness on CZ Customs website, here http://czcustom.com/CZ-75-85-TS-Grips-Aluminum-Plastic-Rubber.aspx

There are also the scales from http://www.shootingsportsinnovations.com/ which are thick in certain places and thinner near the mag release.

I believe the DAA thick grips are 1.26 inches thick on the gun.

Jon

Edited by zen_grasshopper

I have a pair of the scales from Shooting Sports Innovations that I will be selling due to the thickness. They are a little too thick in the lower section but fine up top. I really wish these were thinner but that's how it goes.

The scales from SSI are thick in the right places, and feel great in the hands. Just like a woman ;)

I'll second this. They were actually a little too wide for me. That's why mine are posted right now in the classifieds.

Edited by W_Buck

I still dont know why you guys change the stock grips. I love them so much. Perfect shape and arent just flat like the custom grips. Nice contours and fits the hand perfectly.

They are the best grips for large hands that I have found so far but they wear quickly. The grips on my practice gun are becoming smooth in spots and the grips start to get slick in practice because of perspiration, although this not an issue in matches (20 secs of shooting every 45 min).

Can some one measure the scale grips on the gun for total thickness. The rubber grips are 1.420" except for the little nubs near the mag release which are 1.440 but don't really do anything.

[quote name="leemoe83" post="2420513" timestamp="1435408107"

They are the best grips for large hands that I have found so far but they wear quickly. The grips on my practice gun are becoming smooth in spots and the grips start to get slick in practice because of perspiration, although this not an issue in matches (20 secs of shooting every 45 min).

Can some one measure the scale grips on the gun for total thickness. The rubber grips are 1.420" except for the little nubs near the mag release which are 1.440 but don't really do anything.

From SSI's website the bottom for the CZ grips are 1.330" and the top near the mag release is 1.110". I measured mine and got 1.320" bottom and 1.125" at mag release. I love them. Fit me perfectly.

I still dont know why you guys change the stock grips. I love them so much. Perfect shape and arent just flat like the custom grips. Nice contours and fits the hand perfectly.

First thing I did when I got mine was put aluminum grips on it, then went to the VZ's, wound up back at the stock rubber grips, as they wound up fitting me the best. I agree, they are awesome.

I installed a Hogue grip and we will see if it helps. I don't think it is any fatter than the factory rubber but the finger grooves may add a little stability to the grip. Time will tell.

I checked into the Production legality of the Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves for CZ. I was told they weren't legal, which is disappointing because bought some and they are great. Make the grip feel more like a Stock 2 or 3 large frame. Apparently the wrap around feature of these grips on the front strap change the guns grip "profile."

Edited by JGus

I checked into the Production legality of the Hogue rubber grips with finger grooves for CZ. I was told they weren't legal, which is disappointing because bought some and they are great. Make the grip feel more like a Stock 2 or 3 large frame. Apparently the wrap around feature of these grips on the front strap change the guns grip "profile."

Could the OP cut the finger grooves off the grip and acheive what he is looking for yet remain legal?

Med sized hands, & I like the rubber. They are a bit to large for trigger finger placement. Would it be legal to put the rubber on in the weak side to grip the hell out of it and a thin aluminum on right side for trigger finger placement.

Both are legal, why wouldn't this be legal?????

Could the OP cut the finger grooves off the grip and acheive what he is looking for yet remain legal?

I asked that same question as I was hoping to do the same. But they said it changes the thickness of the front strap so changes the grip profile even with the grooves removed. A buddy of mine discussed that with Troy McManus and it was still a no-go.

I'm obviously no expert on the subject but I guess I don't understand why the side grip panels can be made thicker with an aftermarket grip and still be legal but the front strap can't be made thicker? So, I'm just going by what they told me.

Edited by JGus