Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ SP01 larger grip sizes.

dogtired

Med sized hands, & I like the rubber. They are a bit to large for trigger finger placement. Would it be legal to put the rubber on in the weak side to grip the hell out of it and a thin aluminum on right side for trigger finger placement.

Both are legal, why wouldn't this be legal?????

It should be legal. The section on grips just say grip panels are allowed as long as they don't extend below the butt of the gun.

The person I discussed it with is Eric Griggs (anyone who has shot Production, SS, Revolver Nats will know him), and he discussed it with Troy. And they said the wrap around Hogue rubber grips weren't legal. Eric and I shoot local matches together and we both shoot a CZ. And we are both fans of the Hogue wrap around grip. But, unfortunately when I asked Eric about it he said he'd already talked to Troy about it and they aren't legal.

Med sized hands, & I like the rubber. They are a bit to large for trigger finger placement. Would it be legal to put the rubber on in the weak side to grip the hell out of it and a thin aluminum on right side for trigger finger placement.

It should be legal. The section on grips just say grip panels are allowed as long as they don't extend below the butt of the gun.

I've never tried the just the rubber grip panels. Are they that much thicker than the CZC thick lemon grater grips?

I was referring to fully removing the section of rubber between the two "panel" sections, not just taking down the groove portion. Essentially making two rubber panels out of one grip

If you make it only a grip panel, the rules section is pretty clear on that so it should not be an issue.

I have also heard about the wrap-arounds not being legal and Eric is very familiar with the rulings so I'm sure that is correct. Of course, Troy is the "interpreter of the rules". I just don't see an official interpretation or ruling on it.

I've never tried the just the rubber grip panels. Are they that much thicker than the CZC thick lemon grater grips?

The hogue monogrip with the finger grooves cut off are thinner than the SP01 rubbers, I have a pair if anyone wants to try, just pay for shipping and they're yours.

I was referring to fully removing the section of rubber between the two "panel" sections, not just taking down the groove portion. Essentially making two rubber panels out of one grip

Is that possible? I didn't think the wrap around grips would stay on if in two pieces as the wrap around aspect helps them stay on the gun (along with the grip screws)? The don't have indentions like two piece grip panels. But if you can figure out a way I'd be interested.

Is that possible? I didn't think the wrap around grips would stay on if in two pieces as the wrap around aspect helps them stay on the gun (along with the grip screws)? The don't have indentions like two piece grip panels. But if you can figure out a way I'd be interested.

Yes, they work fine, want to try some?

Yes, they work fine, want to try some?

Thanks for the offer, but I actually have a set. But I haven't removed the front wrap around part. I put full grip on my Accu and loved it. Then my buddy told me they weren't legal, so i never used them in a match. I guess i didn't look closely enough. I thought if the rubber side panels were cut off the front wrap around part that the grip screw itself wouldn't be enough to keep it securely on the gun? But if the grip screw will keep them on without the front wrap around part I may try that.

Edited by JGus

I was using daa thick grips and just tried a pair of the factory rubber. The rubber are a more contoured fit and seem better for one handed shooting but they dont give me enough room for the support hand during freestyle shooting, so back to the thick daa.

if the grip screw will keep them on without the front wrap around part I may try that.

Yup

kneelingatlas, would you mind posting a pic of the Hogue wrap around grips that are now two separate grip panels? I'd like to see where you cut on them. I've only got one Hogue wrap around grip and don't want to butcher it. Thanks!

If I were to do it again curve the front edge forward a little at the bottom like the Stock grips.

_20150708_185223_zpsdpg0wt69.jpg

Perfect! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!!!!

The hogue monogrip with the finger grooves cut off are thinner than the SP01 rubbers, I have a pair if anyone wants to try, just pay for shipping and they're yours.

If nobody else has taken you up on this, I will. Let me know what to send you and where for shipping to 39211.