Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cleaning C-More Glass

dskinsler83

I use this stuff. It is made for wood stove glass doors. Works well and hasn't hurt my c-more over the few years I have been using it. It also has teflon in it to help make the next cleaning easier.

post-43369-0-32206400-1418746778_thumb.j

I also try to at least wipe of the glass after every stage with a microfiber towel so it doesn't get tot dirty.

I have been reading all the searchs I found. Sorry I forgot to do that first lol (Sarge is quick to put that up ;-) ) Anyone ever use the dot drool? And the CLR and RainX seem like a plan. I have some Hoppes #9 at home I can put on with a qtip. I am deff an Open Gun FNG lol.

I called C More about a year ago about that same subject... they told me to moisten a Q tip with Hoppes gun bore cleaner or equivalent ... then clean it with Windex...

IT WORKS !!!

I called recently with this very same question, and this was the method C-More recommended.

I took a prescription bottle and put in a wad of paper towel and then poured in some glass cleaner to soak the paper towel (keeps from spilling it at the range, if it tips over the paper towel will hold it in) with a bit of extra but not sloshing around. Put that and a small ziplock (or another pill bottle) with q tips in it and toss it in your range bag. When it needs it (before it gets too bad) take a Qtip and stick it in the cleaner, clean lens and use the dry end to dry off the excess. Easy to do during a match and it never lets the gunk build up.

Ok, I know this sounds weird. I had a cmore given to me with a very crappy looking lens on it. I was going to use it as a trade in for a new one. I needed a dot really bad one weekend and I tried something you will find odd, but it worked great. I have some Flitz polish and I said what the heck, I don't have any thing to use. I grabbed the flitz and put a little dab on one of my micro fiber cloths and I polished hip the lens. Man, I am here to tell you it looks better than any new one I ever got and it has stayed clean. Just my .02 worth

I would have thought metal polish would have been too coarse. Has it affected the coatings on the glass at all?

My Quinn doesn't get too dirty, but I use cheap alcohol wipes from my local hardware store. Works a lot better than windex and a microfibre cloth which is what I used to use. I've found it important to get all the way around the edges to have it stay nice and clean, otherwise you get a bit of a circle going on where the outside of the glass is darker.

I use a product called Ajax citrix spray. I grabbed a small 5-10ml perfume sample spray my wife had. Ripped out the scent, cleaned it and fill it with the Ajax before each match. 2 sprays onto a glasses cloth then rub the lense. Gets it very clean and keeps it easy to clean too. Plus the tiny bottle and glasses cloth is easy to carry in pocket or range bag.

it is not actually coarse at all. It is smooth, I guess it is the chemicals in the polish. No effect on the coating at all. Like I said, the lens has stayed a lot cleaner than before. In fact I used it on my aluminum cmore the other day and " I can see again".

• 2 months later...