Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW: Blade-Tech is making holsters for the RIA HC's. I had to get one for the full rail version, even though the ROCK Ultra doesn't have a full rail. But it still works fine.

I use a blade tech for my 9 and 40 HC's. The 40 was a little tight so I used a heat gun to get it to fit. I just tighten the tension screws slightly for the 9.

Has anyone else experienced the slide locking back with rounds still in the magazine? At first I thought it was the slide stop, but I just switched it and still getting the same problems.

Yes on my 40 I could see where the Bullet was rubbing slide stop so I filed it down some.

That fixed it with random # of rounds left in mag.

Now it does it with just one.

I was gonna dimple slide stop and have the drill bit tool to go through the plunger tube to do it but didn't even make a mark in the end if slide stop

Gonna get a spring loaded center punch and punch it first and try again.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

On the slide locking back with a round left.......there is a YouTube vid showing where to "file/cut" the follower with a utility knife. Holding the nose of the mag away from you, it's the left side/nose corner.

Happen to have a link thx for info

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

@dogtired Thanks. Seems like the S&A magwell is the only way to be able to use the short Mecgar P16 mags. I bought a couple of these mags just to learn it will not fit my RIA, with the Dawson Ice magwell installed. Too late to return them now. :(

It should be, I installed a magwell from my Para on the RIA and it fit like a glove. Of course my Mags did not fit...

The short Mecgar mags won't fit or the factory mags with basepad?

Edited by Longbow

@dogtired Thanks. Seems like the S&A magwell is the only way to be able to use the short Mecgar P16 mags. I bought a couple of these mags just to learn it will not fit my RIA, with the Dawson Ice magwell installed. Too late to return them now. :(

How does the ice magwell fit no gap at bottom of Frame to magwell?

How does the ice magwell fit no gap at bottom of Frame to magwell?

The Ice magwell is a bolt-on, no frame alteration design. The Mecgar magazine is too short and won't sit at all.

The S&A magwell requires relieving the frame of some metal, so the Mecgar might fit.

Edit: I forgot to mention that my frame is an older Armscor Hicap Frame and not cut for factory magwell. I bought it from them back in 2007. Sorry for not being clear.

Edited by Longbow

The 9mm/22TCM is a different animal than the Pro Match 40. My Pro Match is very tight. I'm using the original mag with a Dawson base, Para factory mags with Dawson bases, and STI & SV mags with Dawson bases. I get 21 & 20 rounds, respectively.

I have the Tac Ultra 40 with the ramped barrel. On the sides of the ramp, the edges are very sharp leaving decent size scratches on my brass. My question is, would it hurt to dremel/sand those edges down? I'm thinking it will help with feeding and extracting if I did but I don't want to bother if it'll hinder the performance any more than it already does.

Edited by Combsie

I have the Tac Ultra 40 with the ramped barrel. On the sides of the ramp, the edges are very sharp leaving decent size scratches on my brass. My question is, would it hurt to dremel/sand those edges down? I'm thinking it will help with feeding and extracting if I did but I don't want to bother if it'll hinder the performance any more than it already does.

Just break the edges lightly polish I'd do it by hand

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Just installed the Cylinder & Slide 3.5# match trigger. Not too many issues getting it in. The hole for the hammer strut pin was a little smaller than the factory. Was able to get the pin in, but ended up with some material that needed to be sanded off the sides for it to fit in the frame. Very tight fit. However, it is exactly as advertised... took the 5.5# factory pull to 3.5# every time. Hammer seems a little gritty, might need to polish a little.

Going to take it out to the range at some point and see how it feels.

Right now waiting on a couple more upgrades I'm wanting to try.

I'd like to replace the guide rod assembly on my tac ultra 40, what type can i get? Specifically, which actual unit can I buy that will be a drop in?

Are you looking to go gi style or another full length?

Gi will drop in though u have a open spring cap. But you could always get a closed one that supports barrel from briely

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Edited by Bud White

I had my gunsmith make two 45 degree cuts on the dustcover on my Pro-match .40. I ordered an STI edge bladetech holster and it fits awesome. I wanted to shoot matches and got inpatient trying to find a holster that "fits the best". So I fit the gun to the holster. Seems extreme, but it cost me 50 bucks.