Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I shipped mine off to cylinder a slide quite some time ago, I got an email letting me know its almost done. Reliability job, trigger job, replaced all the fire control components, mag bases springs and tuning. Looking forward to getting it back. Pretty sure the work costs more than the gun but as long as it shoots well, who cares?

I'll post pics when possible.

Btw, it's the full railed .45 hi cap version

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a 9mm. Standard frame gun. Read thru thread and plan to run STI mags. I already have a stock of 140 mm mags for 2011. I am getting this one for my son to shoot 3gun.

Has anyone modified the frame to fit the mag instead of modifying the mag? Knowing what works in the STI mags makes setting the gun up easier.

What is the quality of the action parts? Should I just plan to chunk it all when I get it. Used to do same thing with the old Para factory guns.

Just ordered a 9mm. Standard frame gun. Read thru thread and plan to run STI mags. I already have a stock of 140 mm mags for 2011. I am getting this one for my son to shoot 3gun.

Has anyone modified the frame to fit the mag instead of modifying the mag? Knowing what works in the STI mags makes setting the gun up easier.

What is the quality of the action parts? Should I just plan to chunk it all when I get it. Used to do same thing with the old Para factory guns.

Not good. You'll be better off replacing all the internals asap.

• 2 weeks later...

I have model #51679 on the way. (should be here by Thursday) After reading through this thread I still can't figure out witch mag/base pad combos will fit in the gun, or where to order them from. I know the MBX mags are probably my best option but aren't in the cards right now, but if thats the best way to go then I'll keep running my G34 tell I get them.

Any help would be much appreciated!

I have model #51679 on the way. (should be here by Thursday) After reading through this thread I still can't figure out witch mag/base pad combos will fit in the gun, or where to order them from. I know the MBX mags are probably my best option but aren't in the cards right now, but if thats the best way to go then I'll keep running my G34 tell I get them.

Any help would be much appreciated!

STI mags with Dawson base pads:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GeLzxO0p3t0

Para P18 mags with Dawson base pads:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PyrF1vxpHZI

Edited by SayHelloToMyLittleFriend

I'm having some trouble with my 2011 in 9mm and was wondering if any of you may of had or are having the same problem. The gun is unfired by me.

I took the gun apart to clean all the stuff off from the factory, lubed and went to reassemble. Everything went fine tell the mainspring housing. It goes on and then gets push back out about an 1/8th or so by the hammer strut. I've taken it apart and reassembled 10 or so times turns out the same way every time. The hammer is all the way forward.

2nd thing, the magwell pin does not fit back through the frame with the mainspring housing in or out of the gun. To me it looks to be drilled a little crooked.

It cant be this hard to put back together. Maybe its something I'm doing. If anyone needs pictures let me know and I'll try to get what you need.

Edited by usmc1094

Just picked up my RIA Rock Ultra FS HC in .45acp. Holy shit! That thing was packed in so much oil I thought it was a Russian military surplus Mosin.

I fondled these pistols in a gun store recently and could not believe how smooth and light the trigger was and the slide to frame and barrel lock up is as tight as any match grade Springer I have held. Truly phenomenal fit for the price. What mags are you guys running in the .45s? They only come with one mag.

Just picked up my RIA Rock Ultra FS HC in .45acp. Holy shit! That thing was packed in so much oil I thought it was a Russian military surplus Mosin.

I fondled these pistols in a gun store recently and could not believe how smooth and light the trigger was and the slide to frame and barrel lock up is as tight as any match grade Springer I have held. Truly phenomenal fit for the price. What mags are you guys running in the .45s? They only come with one mag.

I ordered a couple of Mec-Gars as well as a Para and an Act-Mag. Going to see what works. Since there is some question about the base pads and the magwell, I bought Dawson Precision pads to put on.

I have to do a complete breakdown, but right now I'm not thrilled with the polymer trigger and the up and down wiggle. I have plans to drop in a C&S 3.5;b trigger group, but looks like I need to do some shopping for a replacement trigger as well.

Out of the box the pull was 5.5lbs. That should drop after break-in.

I was informed by Armscor that it is a standard Novak cut. They did tell me the dimensions of it when i was in a live chat on their homepage, but I didn't save the chat. Best bet is to either send them a message this weekend or wait until Monday and then hit up the site. There is a chat option in the lower right part of the page. They CS reps are pretty good. The gave me the dimensions including the angles.

Edited by bigdawgbeav

I have the double stack .22TCM/9mm. The only issue that I have had is that it wants to lock the slide back and not pickup the last round in the mag. Other than that it is a really great gun. It is really tight and smooth. Makes my Taurus PT1911 .38 Super seem like a rattle trap by comparison.

Looking for basepads for the mags. I'll be making some out of aluminum when I det back to work if I can't find any.

Just wanted to let everyone know that if you purchase a rock island 1911 between July 1st and September 15th you can get $35 store credit or for those that got a 22 tcm a box of ammo.

us.advancedtactical.com

On a side note they have the 9mm A-2 (16 round) mags in stock.

Also BTW: The 14.45 mag that comes in the box is not branded. But I found out they are ACT-Mags and you can get them from Greg Cote for $21:

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=160&products_id=1331

Side-note: Anyone know what holsters work? I was hoping the Comp-Tac belt holster for the Para P14 would work, but they say no.

And for those that care, working on some follow up videos for my ROCK Ultra... Stay tuned.

Not my video. I did order one, and the GLS is an excellent holster. Very easy draw. Wish i could tell you it fits but my gun is back at rock island getting looked at.

Edited by usmc1094

Also BTW: The 14.45 mag that comes in the box is not branded. But I found out they are ACT-Mags and you can get them from Greg Cote for $21:

http://www.gregcotellc.com/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=160&products_id=1331

Side-note: Anyone know what holsters work? I was hoping the Comp-Tac belt holster for the Para P14 would work, but they say no.

And for those that care, working on some follow up videos for my ROCK Ultra... Stay tuned.

I'll be curious of the reliability of this doublestack 45. I've owned a CZ-97 which was a good gun but it just wasn't a 1911. A doublestack 1911 would be cool.

IF,.... It is reliable.

I'll be curious of the reliability of this doublestack 45. I've owned a CZ-97 which was a good gun but it just wasn't a 1911. A doublestack 1911 would be cool.

IF,.... It is reliable.

That's why we break them in. Currently the follower and springs don't feel very smooth, not like my XDM mags. But hopefully that works out after some use

Additional odd question: it seems the ultra match high cap 10mm is out there in stock, but not the .40. You guys have any experience? I can't afford 10 mike ammo but if it could run .40 that'd be swell. Mags might be a cluster though.