Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island Hi Cap pistols

fp45liberator

I called/emailed and asked that same question. I was told that the newer 22TCM/9mm combo, both hicap and single stack, along with there 40s&w are all ramped (Clark/Para). I suspect this is due to assist in previous complaints of feeding problems.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

51679. The 2011 hi cap

I have the same exact model with a build date of Sept 2014. Mine did not come with a ramped 9mm barrel. I wish it did though.

It looks like RIA is switching to the ramped barrels for all of their 1911s except for the 45. The older TCM models were also non ramped until recently. I highly suspect that RIA is switching to ramp barrels due to the high number of RIA 1911s experiencing feeding issues on mid caliber 1911s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delete post

Usmc1094 just stated his was ramped. I called/emailed Armscor to confirm and yes, the newer 9mm/22TCM are ramped. Their 40s&w are ramped.

I have a 51679 9mm which does NOT come ramped with a build date of Sept 2014. So their ramped 9mm are very recent.

Their much awaited 22TCM conversion kits for 1911 A1 will come with a ramped 22TCM barrel.

If you want to convert your older frame to accept a ramped barrel and still have their warranty. You have to send it to them to do. I spoke with Shawn at Armscor to confirm this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

51679. The 2011 hi cap

I have the same exact model with a build date of Sept 2014. Mine did not come with a ramped 9mm barrel. I wish it did though.

It looks like RIA is switching to the ramped barrels for all of their 1911s except for the 45. The older TCM models were also non ramped until recently. I highly suspect that RIA is switching to ramp barrels due to the high number of RIA 1911s experiencing feeding issues on mid caliber 1911s.

My build date it 8/2015.

My non ramped gun is running great. The nose dive problem is solved. Are their any other advantages to sending the gun back to have it updated.

What did you do to solve your nose dive problem? Did it happen with a full magazine?

Got out and shot today sprung way to light from factory 180 grain reloads ejecting to next county not hot loads either.. changed to 20# and perfect even girlfriend liked it..

Only problem was locking back with 1-3 rounds left in mag every mag I used had 8 different mags. Might change slide stop to a fusion one and go from there or dimple slide stop wasn't thinking about that when I posted this yesterday

Edited by Bud White

My non ramped gun is running great. The nose dive problem is solved. Are their any other advantages to sending the gun back to have it updated.

What did you do to solve your nose dive problem? Did it happen with a full magazine?

I changed the angle on the frame slightly, opened up the feed throat on the barrel and modified the magazined by adjusting the feed lips to .350" and taking shortening the feed lips until the rounds fed smoothly when I ride the slide forward slowly.

Just picked up one of these for myself. Really looking forward to jumping into Limited with it.

Anyone have an update on where to get extra mags? I looked at the Greg cote website but it seems a bit confusing for me. And I can't afford to gamble on whether I'm right or not.

Quick Review on my 40

Picked one up last week got out to shoot it this week while on vacation.

This is the one with full length frame
The factory recoil spring was way week felt like a 14# changed it out for a 20 runs much better. Was supposed to be 18# I run 18.5 in my les baers and this wasn't 18
Since I picked it up Friday and left for vacation sat morn I couldn't fit a flat bottom firing pin stop. That will be when I get home

Nothing exciting from the rock as I expected it shot well grouped well took my para mags with extended bottoms and ran fine..
Only hitch I had was after say 50 rounds the slide starting locking back with rounds in the mag mostly 1-2 but 2 occasions with 8 left in mag
Didn't matter on brand of mag did it with factory mags wasn't me bumping it with my thumb as I'm a lefty it's slide stop bounce for sure..

Gonna dimple it or put in a fusion

Only dislike the orange fiber optic front site it was just sort of muddy gonna change to green like on my long slide 10mm

Over all its a great gun if ya think ya want one buy it.

The few minor hiccups aside nothing to hard to fix

Edited by Bud White