Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Am I the only one that wants Production left alone?

Lee G

http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements-details.php?BOD-Meeting-Agenda---Sept-13-2014-183

- Review of New Division request: Production Optics
- Review of Division Change - Allow aftermarket triggers in Production beyond OEM exterior appearance
- Review of Division Change - Grip reduction in Production

I'm not as concerned about adding a division, but if I wanted to shoot limited 10 I'd shoot limited 10. I think the division is fine the way it is and relaxing the restrictions on grip reductions and aftermarket triggers is just another step towards merging it with limited 10. If they want to change something to make it better why not get rid of the stupid holster restrictions in Single Stack?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some things I would like to see change in Production. Like eliminating the rule that you can't swap a 9mm slide onto some other caliber frame, or maybe getting rid of the approved gun list in favor of a list of requirements.

I'm on the fence about the mods. Most of them (trigger kits, grip mods/tape, etc) are popular outside of competition, so they sort of represent what could be encountered with newcomers trying to "shoot what they already own", only to find out it's not legal.

If they merged Lim10 gun rules with Production equipment rules, I'd go for that.

I don't know that if the rules were changed it would make any difference in what I shoot. I don't need to reduce the grip on my frame, but I can see where someone else might want to. I don't need a funny-looking trigger, but I can sure see where that would make m&p's less disadvantaged and the glocks would actually be legal finally.

So I guess I just don't care. It allows tinkerers to tinker a bit and personalize their guns without giving anyone an undue advantage. It might even reduce the perceived advantage that real metal guns allegedly have over crappy plastic guns.

So let me get this straight: They may allow grip reductions and aftermarket triggers in Production, and that will still be keeping with the intent of the Production.

However, you still cant use whiteout and paint a reference mark on the inside of your magwell because that would be considered gaining a competitive advantage.

Got it.

I just saw the agenda on USPSA, too. KRAZY!! I'm for Prod Optics as a new division, but allowing mods to Prod rules just makes it L10 minor. WTH???

+1

Eric

+2...just leave it alone. We all need to contact our AD and voice these opinions...oh wait, I don't have one :)

I don't have a dog in this fight because when I lose my mind and shoot Production I do it with a modded Shadow which needs none of the above changes. The only thing I can see for the changes are either to attempt to get perceived parity between CZs and other platforms or that a fair number of noobs coming into the sport have probably already jacked with their Glocks in such a way as to have pushed them into Limited minor. If it gets more people to shoot I am good with it but I don't think the current rules are keeping any shooters away. By the same token I doubt anyone will leapfrog up the standings with those changes.

Production Optics = Open minor. Enough said.

I agree leave production alone. It does not need to be messed with. No production optics either. Just shoot open minor, I know it is not the most competitive but so what, this game is supposed to be played because it is fun. The top guys will always beat those that don't have the time/energy/money/talent. There are people at the top shooting Glocks in limited and open beating those with much higher dollar gear.

Leave it be.

And production optics is ridiculous IMO.

Can I get an AMEN?

I'm with you. Production is fine how it is. It's funny how Limited and Open shooters even have a opinion about production. Leave it be. You can already change a lot as it is.

I don't really understand what the grip reduction proposal is about based on the agenda item. I am glad to see the BoD is at least talking about these things. If they get approved fine and if they don't that fine too. I don't see that any of them are going to substantially change the game as we know it now. Even though many of us are without area directors there's nothing that says we can't email those in place as well as Pres, ED, and DNROI with our input. That's what I'm planning to do.

Leave production as-is. I also don't think that production optics is a good idea. I'm in favor of as few divisions as possible so that we don't end up with divisions with only a few shooters.

Hell, I'd pay double the membership fee if they promised me that they wouldn't change ANY rules for 5 years.

FFS, we've had this game and its rules for some time, I think we got the rules down pretty good, instead we keep screwing with them adding new loopholes only to need new rules to fix the old ones. Seriously BoD, we don't need you to prove your worth via new rules, just sit on your hands for a bit, would ya?