Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why are Salomon shoes so popular for shooters?

JPG

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to wonder, and seriously doubt, if you guys are getting genuine Salomon products for those super low prices.

Genuine Salomon shoes have a 2 year warranty. I'd be interested to learn what happens when you try and send your $40 shoes back to Salomon to fix if/when they blow apart.

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'd rather buy the genuine product from the developer / manufacturer who is the one behind the technology and cannot legitimately deny a warranty claim if I have one.

I didn't get into shooting 3gun to save money. I wouldn't dream of trying to get critical parts for my weapons from some eBay store or importer selling them at one third to half regular cost.

My feet, eyes and ears are the most important parts of my body for action shooting. I'm not going to risk going cheap on them.

I don't send shoes in for warranty, I'd rather have a $40 backup stashed somewhere ready to go.

And you'd be surprised what those shoes actually cost to MFG and what we pay for them.

My "genuine" top of the line Salomon's after all..... Are made in China.

Edited by Vanniek71

If they are the real deal and you're geting them for 1/3 retail then that's a helluva deal.

And I wouldn't be surprised at all by what the shoes cost to mfg vs. how much they charge for them. I just have an inherent appreciation for companies that do the r + d to come up with better functioning products and don't mind paying the price for that to continue.

But enough with this thread drift I started. :)

If they are the real deal and you're geting them for 1/3 retail then that's a helluva deal.

The real ones are made by forced labor in Chinese prisons, for 1/3 you get shoes made by juvenile deliquents and the occasional jaywalker.

I really want to like these shoes (Salomon XA Pro 3d). I bought them as light hiking shoes due to the low price on Promotive.

However, I can't get them to stay tight. I can draw the laces tighter than normal shoes, tuck in the cinch, and they will loosen in a few minutes. They are irritating to walk in, and running is not even an option, as I am constantly stopping to tighten the shoe. They will even come loose on a rowing machine.

Any best practices? I want to try the Speedcross as a trail runner due to the lower price than similar shoes. Could it be a foot volume issue, i.e., my arch is not high enough to cause the lace cinch to hold at the right angle?

Edited by mgrs

I have very flat feet and bought the xt wings and the xa pro 3d. The wings fit like they were custom made for my feet and my podiatrist loves the insole. The xa's didn't feel right from the start and went back to Salomon.

The Salomon's are great shoes. My wife and I are both outdoor nuts as well as USPSA competitors. We had both suffered from plantar fasciitis last year. We were both wearing Keen shoes but figured our problem was caused by something else since we were wearing quality shoes. We even bought new Keen's thinking ours may be worn-out. Finally a foot doc explained the importance of having shoes with a flexible toe box. The Keen's we had were very stiff bottom shoes. We decided to try the Salomon Speedcross shoes and our feet felt better right away. We have since bought other Salmon shoes and love them. Great arch support, padding in the heel and overall fit. We did find that they run small and for us a half size bigger was perfect.

They are lightweight and comfortable. Also with the drawstring if you fly a lot it makes going through airport security a lot easier. Salomon's are now my go to range/everday shoe because of just how comfortable they are and how good of traction they have.

For those of you that have ordered and received shoes from Ali express could you give the sellers name or number, because there is page after page of sellers. It would make it easier than having to scroll through all these pages. thanks

I went over the pair I received direct from China with a fine tooth comb and could not tell any difference from the ones I paid $125 for. All the packaging and tags appear to be legitimate and I have been wearing that pair for months now with no complaints.

Is everyone who ordered from Aliexpress having these results?