Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why are Salomon shoes so popular for shooters?

JPG

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Salomons have turned into my favorite all around shoe.

My wife turned me onto Aliexpress.com which is a site that lists different sellers direct from China. The Speedcross 3's are very popular on the site and can be ordered for around $40 shipped.

Takes longer to receive, but IIRC it was about 2-3 weeks until I received them.

I went over the pair I received direct from China with a fine tooth comb and could not tell any difference from the ones I paid $125 for. All the packaging and tags appear to be legitimate and I have been wearing that pair for months now with no complaints.

If you order from the site, make sure you order from a seller with a good reputation and read all the fine print regarding shipping times, etc.

My wife turned me onto Aliexpress.com which is a site that lists different sellers direct from China. The Speedcross 3's are very popular on the site and can be ordered for around $40 shipped.

I went over the pair I received direct from China with a fine tooth comb and could not tell any difference from the ones I paid $125 for. All the packaging and tags appear to be legitimate and I have been wearing that pair for months now with no complaints.

If you order from the site, make sure you order from a seller with a good reputation and read all the fine print regarding shipping times, etc.

No danger of them being ChiCom imitations . . . they ALL come from China. :roflol:

I just ordered another pair at $42 and change. 4 weeks before they arrive? Who cares!

Tried mine for the first time this last Sunday. When I first tried them on, I didn't like the higher heel, it made me feel like I was pushed forward. But, after shooting in them, I realized it actually kept me on the balls of my feet and put me into a more balanced shooting position. The traction was very good, and most importantly, they were very comfortable. And like some, I normally need a wider shoe, but 1/2 size bigger did the trick. Was worth the money............

Thanks for sharing this. Just ordered another pair. Wish I would have known about this site before I ordered the ones on e-bay. I still haven't received those.

I ordered a pair of the Speedcross 3's from that Aliexpress site. I also noticed, looking at the website, that a lot of the Groupon stuff my wife orders comes from them. So I guess it's too late for me to keep my wife away from it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here, I'll likely order more though so I have a back stock hahah

Did you also order from that e-bay listing I posted? If so beware, he is not shipping them from Canada as he states. They are in fact coming from China so he is probably ordering from AliExpress (or similar) and having them drop shipped to the people that purchase them. Only reason I can think of why he would list them coming from Canada but then shipping from China.

I know what he did, he's in Canada so he used his address....pretty shady IMO, but as long as I get the shoes...meh.

I will leave proper feedback though, and to sweat him a bit I asked for a tracking number, will see what he comes back with if I hear from him at all.

I know what he did, he's in Canada so he used his address....pretty shady IMO, but as long as I get the shoes...meh.

I will leave proper feedback though, and to sweat him a bit I asked for a tracking number, will see what he comes back with if I hear from him at all.

I also asked him for a tracking number and he said he didn't have one. Then I asked him what carrier he used and he responded with China post and he said that delivery would be 35-40 days which led me to ask him how that was possible that he used China post when he clearly states that the item ships from Canada. I'm with you that I don't care too much as long as I get them. Did you notice that his feedback went from 100% to 80% since we placed the order? Definitely a shady seller and my feedback will reflect it.

Yeah I checked his feedback.

I have an expected delivery date of 4/11 if they aren't here I may file a dispute and then just order them myself off that site lol

My expected delivery is tomorrow and he has told me that they will not arrive by stating 35-40 day delivery time frame so I may do the same thing as I already ordered some from that Ali Express site as well.

So has anyone actually ordered them and recieved them from the aliexpress site? I would jump on it, but I would actually like to hear one story of them actually coming in and being legit before jumping off.

I have ordered other things from the Aliexpress website in the past. It does take a LONG time to get the stuff but it eventually shows up. The longest I had to wait was 65 days for some batteries to get delivered. Their prices are awesome on that website, but the "Deal" is offset by the very long delivery time. If you can live with not getting what you ordered for a couple of months then its great. If you need what you order right away then its probably not a good choice regardless of the cheap price.

Maybe I'm weird, bu I'd rather pay more (full price, whatever) for not having to wait forever & the piece of mind from a reputable site/seller.

I'm not familiar with this site some of you are talking about, but hope it works out.

Maybe I'm weird, bu I'd rather pay more (full price, whatever) for not having to wait forever & the piece of mind from a reputable site/seller.

I'm not familiar with this site some of you are talking about, but hope it works out.

Basically Ali express is the distributor, the places we buy stuff from here are the retailers. We skip oh about 10 steps to get it cheaper. I don't mind the wait and have used Ali quite a bit before they always deliver, but like Cha-lee says you gotta wait for it.

Edited by Vanniek71