Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Why are Salomon shoes so popular for shooters?

JPG

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of the Speedcross 3s I've looked at either come in 10 or 11 US. I normally wear a 10.5 D in most shoes. How do the sizes run in the Speedcross 3s ???

Also, is there any particular seller on the Aliexpress site that anybody favors???

Most of the Speedcross 3s I've looked at either come in 10 or 11 US. I normally wear a 10.5 D in most shoes. How do the sizes run in the Speedcross 3s ???

Also, is there any particular seller on the Aliexpress site that anybody favors???

I just ordered a pair from this seller. Seemed to have good feedback after quite a few transactions.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/817851

Isn't that aliexpress web site all fake Chinese knockoffs? Just about every seller that I found has reviews where customers said that the shoes they received weren't real Salomons. Prices just seem too good and the site look fishy to me.

This is a quote from the seller linked above in response to a negative review:

" am sorry,that shoes are produced and sent the package on the same day, I would check the goods carfully when we sent it, i want let you can receive the goods quickly,, but glue shoe not complete solidification, and result in the destruction by the delivery. thanks to your criticism,I will try to remedy next time Best regards"

If I am reading this correctly the shoes are made when ordered.

If anyone has any other experience I would be interested. The prices are great if it is legitimate.

Edited by DRichardson

I picked up a pair of Salomon mid GTX hikers for an Ozark trip I was going to do several years ago. I liked them so much that I kept wearing them after the trip. Several pairs later and they are my everyday food wear.

The Salomons have turned into my favorite all around shoe.

My wife turned me onto Aliexpress.com which is a site that lists different sellers direct from China. The Speedcross 3's are very popular on the site and can be ordered for around $40 shipped.

Takes longer to receive, but IIRC it was about 2-3 weeks until I received them.

I went over the pair I received direct from China with a fine tooth comb and could not tell any difference from the ones I paid $125 for. All the packaging and tags appear to be legitimate and I have been wearing that pair for months now with no complaints.

If you order from the site, make sure you order from a seller with a good reputation and read all the fine print regarding shipping times, etc.

is it possible to post some pics please

Got my shoes today, compared them to my others and they are really close. Only difference is the ones that showed up today say made in Vietnam and my originals say made in China.... Not sure how that works.

Oh yeah and the shoes I got are size 11's, and I ordered a 9.5". So there's that.

Starting that process now.....

Got my shoes today, compared them to my others and they are really close. Only difference is the ones that showed up today say made in Vietnam and my originals say made in China.... Not sure how that works.

Oh yeah and the shoes I got are size 11's, and I ordered a 9.5". So there's that.

Starting that process now.....[/quote

Edited by Sarge

My problem with finding shoes is socks. If I find a pair that fit well and are agressive enough, they are too fit for regular socks and I CANNOT go without socks. Does anybody make a thinner sock without going to hose or dress socks. Like a sport sock. Thats the only thing keeping me from getting the shoes I really like.

Starting that process now.....

Are these the ones from the eBay sale? I still haven't received mine? Now I'm not sure I want to.

I wear 10.5 and ordered 10.5 and they fit fine. If you can only find 10 or 11 then go 11 but there are 10.5s out there.

I got them for Christmas after taking a sliding ass drop at FN last year and after wearing them at the 3GN Regional match in March I am hooked. It's such a big difference being solidly planted to the ground and being able to move and not worrying about footing.

finally got an excuse to use the speedcross 3 cs shoes

amazing on dirt and gravel

would not want to wear them all day walking on asphalt or cement though

it was fairly hot when I was wearing them and my feet did not feel uncomfortable. not sure if this is good or bad because I got the climashield version in the hopes of using them as walking shoes in the snow...

I've got a pair of size 11's (got sent the wrong size) that I'll sell for $65 shipped if anyone wants. They are here in the states and brand new.

I don't want to go through the hassle if sending them back to China.

save a few bucks and a few weeks wait time!

post-41978-0-32192200-1397499208_thumb.j

Edited by Vanniek71