Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Looking for backpack

I have searched the web for what I think is the perfect backpack for pistol matches, I can not seam to find it. I was wondering what you guys have found and / or use ? I am looking for a small to medium size pack, places to put mags , ammo, ect, not to much crap, that's what I am trying to get away from, just what your need to shoot a major match. Please post pictures of what you think will work or what what your using. Thanks

I haven't actually bought on yet but I have been seriously considering some of the camera backpacks. Here is the best selection I have found: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Backpacks-Daypacks/ci/176/N/4075788794 The only thing holding me back is that I don't know how tough they will be in the long run. All the customizable compartments would be nice though.

The safe bet would be a CED/ DAA rangepack. They seem to get good reviews and they have a new smaller one.

I did run across that one while looking, don't know if I like that hollow compartment in the bottom ??? Besides it looks just like my buddy's new small DAA ??? I really want to get away from lugging all the extra stuff around that you really never need, I guess my biggest thing is a place to put mags ammo for a major match and a few places to put a few other thing glasses, hearing protection, a towel or two, a few snacks, ect just what you need foe a major match, all the extra stuff is left in the truck, most matches you are close enough to go to it for that one in a life time part you need now.......lol

Hello: I am still thinking of a messenger bag from Maxpedition. You can add stuff with the velcro insides to suit you. Right now I still like my Shooters Connection Ultra bag and pro bag for bigger matches. I wish Chuck would design a backpack and a smaller range bag about the size of the Dillon ammo bag. The Shooters Connection inner bag is great for steel matches and stage bag. The backpacks I have seen are just not that user friendly for me. Thanks, Eric

Maxpedition falcon 2 is what I have been using for 2 years now.

Added a dump pouch to hold my water.

If that's not to your liking take a look at the ishot pack.

PS: if you want a Typhoon let me know, getting ready to sell one.

I got the I-Shot, been using it for about a year. Just the right size, ammo compartment is on the bottom and will hold about 400 rounds. Plenty of room for all your gear. Only thing I would add would be wayer bottle holder on the outside.

I got the I-Shot, been using it for about a year. Just the right size, ammo compartment is on the bottom and will hold about 400 rounds. Plenty of room for all your gear. Only thing I would add would be wayer bottle holder on the outside.

Bingo !!!!!!! That's what I was looking for, and yes it needs a place to hook a water bottle to , maybe some molle webbing to hook some stuff to , like brass bag, now just need to find where to buy one, looks like there out of stock ????

Edited by Sudden Death

If you want a small pack, have a look at the Camelbak MULE. More than enough room for everything plus it has a large water bladder. If you need more room than that, then have a look at the Camelbak HAWG.

Both of these are part of their mil-spec line and are extremely well made and durable.

I used a Falcon II with a Tuff Products mag pouch that holds 5 double stack mags and attaches with MOLLE fasteners. It worked great for Open.

I'm using a CED backback now for Production since it has room for 7 mags. I'm selling the Falcon II.

• 3 weeks later...

I use a 5.11 Rush 24 pack. It's not perfect, but it is large enough for the local USPSA matches I do, as well as my local Steel league. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect bag as well...

• 2 years later...

LA Police gear 3 day pack. $30

This, of course it is not expensive enough for some guys. I use it alone for USPA, Steel, & NRA Action Pistol and set it on top of a milk crate on my cart for 3-Gun.

I have the bail out bag and the jumbo, 3 day pack. And buying the operator pack. Also the pistol cases are awesome! Quality is better than all the others out there and price can't be beat!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Saw this one at the SHOT Show. Very nice quality pack.

http://www.goutdoorsproducts.com/products/tactical-range-backpack/

I got the handgun version doesn't have the pistol bags and the gun compartment is front opening like the DAA pack

http://www.goutdoorsproducts.com/products/the-handgunner-backpack/

Is the compartment that houses the foam pistol craddle hard sided? Would/will the bag stay erect with the foam removed and weight loaded in the compartments above?