Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had my first mechanical failure with the m3000 yesterday. the o ring on the firing pin retaining pin is shredded. I am wondering if I can find an off the shelf o ring that will work or is it a specialty piece.

That is very slick Pat. I'm liken' the receiver mods being anodized. Its a really nice package. I have been tickled with the MOA parts I have purchased. I've been a machinist for over 20 years and am a currently shop foreman. I'm can be VERY picky and I can honestly say that the workmanship in the MOA parts I have received is top notch.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've heard good things about the M3000 so I preordered the M3K. The last few days I've read this thread from start to finish and am starting to wonder if I should cancel my preorder on the M3K and purchase a M3000 with the competition package from MOA or the P3K instead. Hmmm...

Great info on this thread and I'm really liking the aggressive porting that you guys have been doing. Does anyone know for sure what the final M3K is going to look like? The details on the final port shape sound like they are still being worked out.

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I've heard good things about the M3000 so I preordered the M3K. The last few days I've read this thread from start to finish and am starting to wonder if I should cancel my preorder on the M3K and purchase a M3000 with the competition package from MOA or the P3K instead. Hmmm...

Great info on this thread and I'm really liking the aggressive porting that you guys have been doing. Does anyone know for sure what the final M3K is going to look like? The details on the final port shape sound like they are still being worked out.

It'll be a hard decision. Nobody has an M3K yet so final product tweaks are still unknown. According to PK, the loading port will be opened up more than shown during shot show but nobody knows how much more it's opened.

Did you get a shipping estimate? If you need it fast, MOA could probably hook you up. If they're out you could also buy an m3000 and send it off to MOA to get worked on as well.

If you end up keeping your preorder for the M3K, post up a in depth review and lots of pictures of it in this thread!

Port work on P3K from MOA Precision. Loads very, very nicely!

p1123955661-4.jpgp1123955675-4.jpg

Is that shell being held in place by the lifter or the shell catch?

If it's the lifter could you get a picture with the shell being held by the catch?

It'll be a hard decision. Nobody has an M3K yet so final product tweaks are still unknown. According to PK, the loading port will be opened up more than shown during shot show but nobody knows how much more it's opened.

Did you get a shipping estimate? If you need it fast, MOA could probably hook you up. If they're out you could also buy an m3000 and send it off to MOA to get worked on as well.

If you end up keeping your preorder for the M3K, post up a in depth review and lots of pictures of it in this thread!

This is pretty much where I am at. I have a pre-order with EuroOptics for an M3K but sent off an email to MOA to see if they can turn something faster (just had to order a new pusher assembly for my 930).

Euro Optics told me a late May shipment date. I'm leery of manufacturers shipment date estimates as we all know they can slip and slip and slip. I know just by lurking here that Tom and MOA are probably swamped and only they know how many M3000s they have on stock. I'll wait for a return call/email from them to make a call whether I give a first generation M3K a shot or see what/when MOA can ship a P3K type setup.

It's just tough waiting for the item that everybody wants. Is what it is...

Edited by muddywings

Follow up for those with a M3000-I'm 5'6 and from what I'm reading here I will want to chop down my stock. Any recommendations on generic height vs LOP stock cut downs? I figure either if I go with an M3K from the factory or get something from MOA, I'm going to have to make a guess if I want to get/add a Kickezz.

I guessing 1" but if anybody has a recommendation, I'd appreciate a starting point.

Follow up for those with a M3000-I'm 5'6 and from what I'm reading here I will want to chop down my stock. Any recommendations on generic height vs LOP stock cut downs? I figure either if I go with an M3K from the factory or get something from MOA, I'm going to have to make a guess if I want to get/add a Kickezz.

I guessing 1" but if anybody has a recommendation, I'd appreciate a starting point.

This article by Patrick Kelley helped me a lot- http://www.multigunmedia.com/shotgun-fit.pdf

This is from MOAs website-

KZ-111 Pads are 3/8" THICKER than the Factory Pad.

Uncut Stock will result in an Increased L.O.P "Length of Pull"

1/2" cut results 1/8" shorter in L.O.P

1" cut results 5/8" shorter in L.O.P

1.5" cut results 1.125" shorter in L.O.P

Factory L.O.P is 14.5"

Currently working on this for a future shotgun for my wife who is 5'4, I'm looking at starting with 12.5" LOP and shimming it longer if needed. I'm 5'10 and 13 1/4" is what I cut my shotgun down to.

Grinding stones typically load up pretty quick with the aluminum. I use metal rotary burrs. Sandpaper will have you sanding for weeks. Hand files are good if you are not good at metalwork.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I've been using hand files to good effect. I was just wondering what the best rotary tool attachment works best for the job. The metal rotary burrs seem a little pricey, but I've only found them in sets. Are they available in singles?

I'm all about the sandpaper flap wheels in a die grinder. You can get different diameters to fit the project at hand and different grits for faster metal removal or finer grit for finish work. Even with a coarse grit they're not very aggressive so it's hard to get into trouble really quickly.

Just worked on the loading port a bit more. Used the sandpaper attachments and they worked great. It was pretty coarse, so it did a decent job at removing material. I might try out this attachment though. What do y'all think?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Dremel-1-8-in-Tungsten-Carbide-Cutter-9901/202263215

I started with that bit, but it loads up with aluminum quickly and stops cutting. Ended up using these for the majority of the port work on mine:

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=408

http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=432

I used both 1/2" and 1/4" bands. Switched to 120 grit to clean it up, then used these, http://www.dremel.com/en-us/Accessories/Pages/ProductDetail.aspx?pid=511E to finish things up.

I have since removed more material from the front of the port, but this should give you an idea of the results:

M3000%20port.jpg

Edited by moose76