Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I got the MOA special with the +10 tube. Where can you find a gun case big enough to fit it?

I initially had TTI put a +8 extension on my M2. I use a soft case inside a pelican 1750. This configuration just barely fit. It was a very snug fit.

I removed the +8.

Then I bumped the mag tube capacity a couple of rounds and put a +5 a Nordic coupler and another +5 Nordic tube.

I can take the fwd +5 off for more compact transport.

Just something to consider.

Edited by Willz

Man, the edges of the loading port can slice you up good! I can't practice loading without getting nicked on the thumb. Time to open up that loading port or at least round out the edges.

Barracuda watch this video its a little long but it will def help you.

Haha I've actually watched your video, Oskino. Yours and Jesse's definitely gave me a really good idea of what to expect and how far you can go. Thanks!

So I got the MOA special with the +10 tube. Where can you find a gun case big enough to fit it?

The longest case I was able to find was this one:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/551885/beretta-uniform-pro-double-shotgun-case-58-nylon-navy

Granted, I only have the +9, and it's a pretty snug fit. I would consider what WillZ suggest and going with a coupler. Your choices of cases will increase dramatically.

Ran 3 or 4 tubes through the gun with live ammo. Couldn't reproduce it. Put dummies back in. Instant problem. Good to know it's an issue with the dummies and practicing too much. I was worried something was wearing out and I was gonna spend all season chasing a phantom.

We ruined almost 50rds of dummy ammo in 4 days doing loading demos at SHOT show. They are definitely not made to withstand non-stop use. Keep in mind, actual shells make one trip through the gun and hit the dirt. Skeet guys reload, but mostly use O/U shotguns which don't put nearly the wear on shells that semi-autos do.

The constant shortage of dummy rounds annoys me. The Brownells one are the only ones that are occasionally in stock and they are worse then the old ones. You'd think someone in the 3gun business would sell them at a reasonable price, seeing how they are wear items.

The constant shortage of dummy rounds annoys me. The Brownells one are the only ones that are occasionally in stock and they are worse then the old ones. You'd think someone in the 3gun business would sell them at a reasonable price, seeing how they are wear items.

Find someone at your local club that reloads. Offer to buy the materials and a case of his favorite beverages to make a 100 rounds

The reason we stopped making them is because shooters could not understand that dummies are wear items. More hassle than it was worth. Even though we had the info in the product description, people did not get it.

I can not for the life of me get the bolt handle out of mine. Any tips?

Use a small piece of leather or cardboard (to protect the finish) and a pair of pliers. After it has been in and out a few times it will loosen up a little.

This. Or use a flat head screwdriver covered in tape to pry it out.

A shoelace works in a pinch as well. Wrap it and give the lace a good tug.

Use a small piece of leather or cardboard (to protect the finish) and a pair of pliers. After it has been in and out a few times it will loosen up a little.

Sure does :roflol:

A shoelace works in a pinch as well. Wrap it and give the lace a good tug.

Sure does :roflol:

That is a great idea! Never thought of it

Is the problem with dummies that there isn't a material that won't wear out which wouldn't also put wear on the guns?

That is a part of it. The other is people not knowing how to use them. There are action proving dummies, which are what most people are familiar with, made of metal and suitable to chamber. But action proving dummies have a different feel and will cause more wear on the guns. With some platforms, that is a big issue. A dummy that will be suitable for loading practice usually should not be used for action proving, and vice versa.

I tried the shoelace trick and whacked myself in the knee hard enough to swear. The pliers and leather, kinky as it sounds, worked.

I am using a Stoeger 3020 to build a gun for my kids, the bolt knob is .190-.195. Is that smaller than the 12 ga versions (for those in the know like OpenClassTerror)? Thanks

Does anyone know if Stoeger is now or ever planning to sell the youth stock separately or if it interchanges with the standard one? It might be an easy way to get a shorter stock.

Got to fondle the new M3K Tactical yesterday @ the NRA convention. It is mighty sweet! No one @ the booth could or would tel me when they will be available. It had the serial # moved back to the trigger guard area so you can port this baby out as much as you dare!

Edited by racesnake