Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heck no! I am not paying $8 more to shoot a major match! There are limits! This would mean only one glass of halfway decent bourbon with dinner instead of two! There are limits I tell you!

Thanks, I needed a grin today.

Brownells is showing the M2 extractor spring as being discontinued (#20 on the bolt schematic at Brownells).

Will the extractor spring for the M4/SBE2,etc work? Brownells part #is 301-000-490MB.

I've run a couple hundred rounds through mine so far. The only malfunction was the first round fired, a Rio reduced recoil slug that didn't eject fully. Federal Truball Low Recoil shot right on at 50yds. Even the feared WM bulk pack Winchester ran fine.

I opened up the loading port & plugged in the MOA internals. Waiting for a Carbon Arms mag tube. The MOA disconnector was holding onto the hammer & not releasing it to the sear. A quick call to Tom, an email & a little lovin with a file & all is well.

So yesterday I got my bird thrower working, finally, don't ask, and ran about 100 Rio 2-2/4 dram 1 ounce #8s with zero issues through my Stoeger. I have several cases of heavy shot, 1-1/4 oz 3-3/4 dram #6 available if there are any takers, not it is not free, but I am reasonable.

So, I have a MOA Stoeger 3000. Other than a sight upgrade what am I missing relative to a P3K?

I don't know, I only have the two P3K's I built and the one that MOA did. I can't compare it to

MOA's "normal" package.

Tom would be the best to answer, but my understanding is that the P3K adds the Carbon Arms magazine tube, sights, re-coats the receiver, but keeps the factory trigger.

There is also a shell guide cut on the trigger guard, and the recoil spring spacer is shortened to increase reliability with light loads, as well as Benelli extractor components. I will do a side-by-side compare, as well as pics when MarkCO's gun is assembled :)

They must be SWAMPED!

I would agree. I'm really hoping mine ships from them this week! It's been the longest 6 weeks of my life! Tom did say it could be 5 or 6 weeks when I ordered it. It was hard to shoot my Mossberg 500 last Saturday at the local 3gun match though...

OK, so once I get to the end of this season I'll ship the gun out for a new sight and maybe a trigger guard relief cut. The Carbon Arms tube is nice, but I have the ones I have and they work.

Interesting about the light loads. I was concerned about reliability so I didn't buy a lot, but I've now run over 100 RIO 2-2/4dram 1 ounce loads with zero failures. I've run probably near 1000 WallyWorld WInchesters, 1-1/8 ounce 1200 fps loads again with zero failures. I have had two failures to eject with Fiocchi 7/8 ounce slugs, but that was when the gun was nearly brand new. since then I've shot at least 50 more again with zero issues. Maybe I am lucky? I know I am not that good :)

I just got a m3k for my first 3 gun shotgun what carbon arms tube would you recommend ? It appears they offer two 10 round versions and an 8 round version with your choice of exetense tubes. I would be running tactical optics or the factory division.

Go with 10rd. You may never shove those extra 2 rounds in there or maybe you will. If nothing else you won't feel less then ofa man when you place your gun on the preload table and everyone has those long protuberances sticking out of theirs and you have stubby one. :)

I would like more info on that front sight. I know it's a Hi-Viz but do you have a model number? I haven't found one that looks similar listed on their website.

It is a rifle front sight. 3/8" dovetail. 0.315" tall.

***** recoil spring spacer is shortened to increase reliability with light loads*****

Did i miss reading about this mod or is it Top secret MOA-ness.

i almost chop sawed mine but couldn't find where to buy a spare "just in case"

I would like more info on that front sight. I know it's a Hi-Viz but do you have a model number? I haven't found one that looks similar listed on their website.

It is a rifle front sight. 3/8" dovetail. 0.315" tall.

Looks awesome.

***** recoil spring spacer is shortened to increase reliability with light loads*****

Did i miss reading about this mod or is it Top secret MOA-ness.

i almost chop sawed mine but couldn't find where to buy a spare "just in case"

I asked about it when i first found this thread but got no answers. Anyone know where to buy one so I can experiment with it as well?