Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

How are you dropping a round on the lifter? If you use the bolt release that will happen. If you use the shell release above the trigger (or press the trigger) it shouldn't.

Thank you sir....apparently i was doing it wrong. Thanks for not making fun of me

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you sir....apparently i was doing it wrong. Thanks for not making fun of me

Why would I make fun of you? That huge damn button really should do what we all want it to do. Guess how I found out what it does?

Why would I make fun of you? That huge damn button really should do what we all want it to do. Guess how I found out what it does?

Haha, i guess other forums make me wary of asking "newbie" questions. Now that i operate it correctly it works like a champ!

What is the correct length MXT tube for a 24" M3000 barrel if you want the tube ~ flush with the end of the 24" barrel? My options are +5, +7, +8 or +9 tubes.

Edited by igolfat8

You may want to watch your tube lengths, some matches are specifying capacity maximum of 8in the tube in Tac Optics.

Blue Riidge does in Tac Optics, but 3GN's restriction is in "Factory".

Hi - I'm having what appear to be some extraction problems. It only happens during matches of course when I'm running the gun hard and don't have the patience to diagnose it fully. Can anyone suggest anything I should try before just getting the Benelli parts? If not, what parts do I need and where can I get 'em?

Just to followup - I replaced the extractor and spring as suggested with the Benelli parts and all is well now. I didn't see any obvious difference in the extractors (didn't mic 'em) except for a slight amount of finish wear on the old one, but there was obviously a difference in the springs. Runs like a champ now. Thanks everyone!

Sent from my sending thing.

VERY nice! The Carbon arms tube was one of the first things Patrick specified on his signature model. Should be able to post a pic or two before it ships for his review. Running a little behind schedule :)

Jeeze Tom...20 hours days? 6.99 days a week? Come man 25 hours! Thanks for putting so much effort into this and so many other projects you have going!

Got the +9 kit, Tom. It looks great! Thanks!

Okay, so what's the best way to remove the cap that retains the spring and follower? It looks like some internal snap ring pliers would well, but as luck would have it, I lent them to a friend.

You may want to watch your tube lengths, some matches are specifying capacity maximum of 8in the tube in Tac Optics.

Blue Riidge does in Tac Optics, but 3GN's restriction is in "Factory".

And lots of shooters plug their long (>8 round) tubes for Blue Ridge which is still OK by the rules.

The Beretta sling mount conversation got me to think how do you guys mount slings on the m3000?

The rear point I guess its easy, install whatever on the factory stock stud/thing and then clip to it it. The front is trickier, you have to either a clamp or what? Anyone have any clever solutions?

The Beretta sling mount conversation got me to think how do you guys mount slings on the m3000?

The rear point I guess its easy, install whatever on the factory stock stud/thing and then clip to it it. The front is trickier, you have to either a clamp or what? Anyone have any clever solutions?

http://www.wayofthegun.us/black-proctor-sling/

I haven't tried one of these, but it seems like it would work well and not require any hardware. Fortunately matches around here don't require slinging the shotgun only rifle.

http://www.wayofthegun.us/black-proctor-sling/

I haven't tried one of these, but it seems like it would work well and not require any hardware. Fortunately matches around here don't require slinging the shotgun only rifle.

I have one, and I really like it. I think it's an excellent option for 3 gun. It can be attached to pretty much any long gun, and it's about as light as they come. It's very simple as well.

So what do you attach it to in the front of a shotgun?

The sling is actually on one of my ARs, but if I were to mount in onto my shotgun, I would loop it around the magazine tube assuming you have an extended one. I think it would cinch down tight enough so that it wouldn't move around. You could also loop it around the barrel, but I wouldn't do that for a few reasons. The first being the paracord might obstruct the view of the front sight, and the second being the heat generated from the barrel might compromise the integrity of the paracord, although I think it would take an extremely high volume of fire to do that.

Finally got my Carbon Arms Versa Tube installed. These things are a thing of beauty. Topped it off with a Nordic +2 so it lined up with the 26" barrel.

2C45402C-2160-4803-812D-DCDBF2FAF294_zps

72904815-3A53-4539-B233-66C2E955B144_zps

Will you or do you need to add a coupling / clamp to the end of the tube to attach it to the barrel?