Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stoeger M3000 Scattergun?

Hotchkiss

I was told by Benelli/Stoeger CS that they are shipping the M3K's now but in very small qtys. My 3000 went back for repair / replacement and I tried to finagle a M3K but they said all that are shipping are spoken for because of so many pre-orders.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told by Benelli/Stoeger CS that they are shipping the M3K's now but in very small qtys. My 3000 went back for repair / replacement and I tried to finagle a M3K but they said all that are shipping are spoken for because of so many pre-orders.

Does anybody have a lead on who is getting them in stock?

ETA: just tell me only though...not the whole forum ;)

Edited by muddywings

Great thread!

Question. What's shorter? The compact or a custom shortened stock? If it's the latter, what pad do I use?

Well the length on a custom cut stock is what you want it to be, as you can cut a lot of stock off the Stoeger stock.

I've lost track of the round count on my m3k but after this weekends Atlanta 3Gun I broke it down to clean it (we were rained on) and noticed a little bit of wear on the OEM extractor on the sides. The actual hook looked fine, and the gun has extracted fine since purchase.

Since I had it out, I did replace it with the Benelli extractor and spring. Here is a pic if anyone is interested. It had similar wear on both sides. It was slightly rough, if I were to reinstall it i would of polished it.

The bolt itself did not show any signs of wear in the channel where the extractor goes.

post-23068-0-81235400-1429030045_thumb.j

Edited by NickO

I've lost track of the round count on my m3k but after this weekends Atlanta 3Gun I broke it down to clean it (we were rained on) and noticed a little bit of wear on the OEM extractor on the sides. The actual hook looked fine, and the gun has extracted fine since purchase.

Since I had it out, I did replace it with the Benelli extractor and spring. Here is a pic if anyone is interested. It had similar wear on both sides. It was slightly rough, if I were to reinstall it i would of polished it.

The bolt itself did not show any signs of wear in the channel where the extractor goes.

That would be perfectly normal "wear" . Bluing is rubbed off from the extractor doing its job.

That would be perfectly normal "wear" . Bluing is rubbed off from the extractor doing its job.

It was a little rougher than just the blueing. Would take a fine file to knock it down. I'll try to get a better picture. Never the less it ran 100 problem free rounds the day before.

Great thread!Question. What's shorter? The compact or a custom shortened stock? If it's the latter, what pad do I use?

Well the length on a custom cut stock is what you want it to be, as you can cut a lot of stock off the Stoeger stock.

It looks like the compact stock is 0.75" shorter than the standard stock. But if a custom chopped stock is shorter, I think I'll go with the 24" or 24" 3G.

What buttpad do I use, if I want to chop off 1.5-2", to get the LOP to 12.5-13"?

We have been experimenting a bit with the Stoeger Vs Benelli extractor deal, and both types show wear in exactly the same way. The difference is in how long they take to get there. I am starting to think that excessive wear on the Stoeger is not caused so much by the extractor itself, but the recess in the barrel. The ramp it must ride up as the bolt rotates into battery is not as gradual or as finely finished as the M2. This puts a decent amount of side load on the extractor, which is what causes that wear. Normal rotation about the pin as it snaps over the rim does not cause this. We will have about 30 or so Stoegers in the shop this week, so I am comparing them all to see if they all need some polishing in this area or just some. If it is a pervasive issue, we will probably make it part of the work we do on all of them, and just adjust the price a minimal amount to cover it.

We are seeing a few little things that were not issues early on. I have an idea that (like any manufacturing operation) when their volume went way up (thanks to us shooters discovering them), they needed to add people to the production line. Perhaps people with less experience. Also, increasing production demands and putting pressure on employees to increase output often has a detrimental effect on the amount of attention each gun gets. This is part of the growing pains of operating a successful shop, but I am sure they will identify it and correct it as long as they are made aware that it is a problem. To be honest, I think we probably are more qualified to give them feedback than anyone, as we receive customer guns from all over the US, in many different serial number ranges, in addition to new stock all the time coming directly here. If this seems to be an actual issue we will document what we are seeing and give them the info. Perhaps through Mr Kelley, as he has a direct contact in their manufacturing hierarchy due to his involvement in the M3K design :)

We have been experimenting a bit with the Stoeger Vs Benelli extractor deal, and both types show wear in exactly the same way. The difference is in how long they take to get there. I am starting to think that excessive wear on the Stoeger is not caused so much by the extractor itself, but the recess in the barrel. The ramp it must ride up as the bolt rotates into battery is not as gradual or as finely finished as the M2. This puts a decent amount of side load on the extractor, which is what causes that wear. Normal rotation about the pin as it snaps over the rim does not cause this. We will have about 30 or so Stoegers in the shop this week, so I am comparing them all to see if they all need some polishing in this area or just some. If it is a pervasive issue, we will probably make it part of the work we do on all of them, and just adjust the price a minimal amount to cover it.

that makes sense to me from what I saw.

One of the downsides of buying my m3k so early was the comp package keeps getting tweaks as stuff comes up, like this one, possibly.

If any of those 30 have serial numbers moved and available for sale can i buy one, pretty please?

Still haven't followed up on the MFG endorsement for my FFL, so we can't relocate SNs yet. Sorry guys, if you slowed down a little on the orders, I could get more done :) . On the bright side, when we do make tweaks, I usually post either a good description of stuff we do, or pictures. That way those of you who are mechanically minded can do it at home, and everybody that doesn't feel comfortable can either send it in, or show the pics to a local gunsmith so he can do it.

On that note, the funnel cut on the front of the trigger guard that Patrick and I came up with for the P3K is so good I think it will replace the undercut trigger guard we currently do and cost less to boot! Pics to come soon! I (finally) after all this time and so many interruptions got the first one boxed up and ready to go to Pat yesterday. Assuming I can get it to the Post Office by 5 today, he should be reviewing it for any final pre-production adjustments before the weekend!

So, yes you can put a Red neck Tab on the M3000....it does require that you remove some mat'l from the polymer spacer that butt's up against the forearm and sits on the mag tube.

post-2749-0-09050000-1429059668_thumb.jp

So, yes you can put a Red neck Tab on the M3000....it does require that you remove some mat'l from the polymer spacer that butt's up against the forearm and sits on the mag tube.

attachicon.gifIMG_0598.JPG

Whats that thing do?

its a pretty slick/inexpensive bolt release. I've used one on the benellis and its pretty smooth especially when using match saver.

I prefer the MOA only because i can unload the tube easier by leaning the button back which i dont think is possible with the RNT.

On that note, the funnel cut on the front of the trigger guard that Patrick and I came up with for the P3K is so good I think it will replace the undercut trigger guard we currently do and cost less to boot! Pics to come soon! I (finally) after all this time and so many interruptions got the first one boxed up and ready to go to Pat yesterday. Assuming I can get it to the Post Office by 5 today, he should be reviewing it for any final pre-production adjustments before the weekend!

What is this mysterious P3K?

Heard it mentioned a few times but never any details.

What is this mysterious P3K?

Heard it mentioned a few times but never any details.

Details are within the thread. It really is worth the read. Lots of good info.

Looks a lot like...

p1099122557-4.jpg

Edited by P.E. Kelley

Check it OUT! The First P3K off the press! Just picked it up and burned 300 rounds of various ammo including the ones in

the photo. It is a fine shooting machine. Good enough that you will see it on the range at the Multigun Nationals!

p1122301638-4.jpg