Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold

ZombieHunter

May I make a recommendation to the "gouging" crowd? Take a moment to read a very interesting book by Thomas Sowell called "Basic Economics". I think it will really help you to understand what economics actually studies and what prices really are.

Every time I hear someone say "I understand supply and demand but this is just gouging" I think about that line from The Princess Bride - "you keep saying that word - I do not think it means what you think it means..."

Inconceivable!

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The bullets are just like everything else out there in short supply ammo primers and not so much now but anything AR15 related. You have the choice of waiting or having something the second you want it. Take rifles for instance. If you wanted one late dec and into January and you wanted it NOW you had that opportunity as you could snag your 70 dollar pmags 40-50 buck gi mags to put in your 2500 dollar piece of junk that someone cobbled together with whatever spare or takeoff parts they had laying around or even build your own with a stripped lower for the low price of 350+. If you we're willing to wait you can now get those rifles new for sub 1k lowers for 120 and pmags under 20 With companies needing to push overtime it's gonna raise the cost some since the labor to produce those bullets has gone up. The places that stopped taking orders or put a limit did it for a reason. If they didn't it would really push times off as guys wouldn't be ordering a case if bullets to last them a few months they would be ordering what their credit cards would hold.

Huh... Not to rub it in, but I just had 4K 115 FMJs show up at my door.

Montana Gold is running as fast as they can folks, you'll get your stuff. And yes it's a few more bucks than 8 months ago but as EkuJustice pointed out it's still way better that AR stuff. I've been waiting on H110 and A1680 powder since December. :(

Don't even get me started on how long I've been waiting on stuff from Dillon! (Trimmer, 650 quick change, Small rifle CF plate)

Edited by Jim333us

I also ordered 6 cases thru Manny in Feb. Was told 3-4 weeks. Haven't heard a word from Manny or Montana gold. Not sure if my order is even in or if I should try to reorder.

I am in the Manny "black hole" as well. We did a pretty big order first week of January and got everything by the end of February, except for my two cases of 121's. It's a little aggravating since what we order from Manny comes directly from MG. Guys are ordering and getting 121's now but Manny told me he has no idea when I will get mine. Sadly they are all paid for so I can't just shrug it off and order more.

Well I'm sorry you're in the same boat as me, but at least I'm not the only one out there. I was getting a little worried. Hopefully I hear something one way or the other. I've passed on a few other deals because I thought I had a bunch coming. My small supply is going quick.

Email Manny personally. He generally answers pretty quick even if all he can say is, " nothing yet".

I am in the Manny "black hole" as well. We did a pretty big order first week of January and got everything by the end of February, except for my two cases of 121's. It's a little aggravating since what we order from Manny comes directly from MG. Guys are ordering and getting 121's now but Manny told me he has no idea when I will get mine. Sadly they are all paid for so I can't just shrug it off and order more.

You will probably getting yours soon because today I got an email from Manny saying he was putting a case of 121's in the mail to me Monday and told me to send him a check when I could. I figured he forgot about me since I have gotten 3 cases of 124's from Montana Gold since I asked him if he had any bullets. I'm not going to turn them down!

I also ordered 6 cases thru Manny in Feb. Was told 3-4 weeks. Haven't heard a word from Manny or Montana gold. Not sure if my order is even in or if I should try to reorder.

I ordered a case of 115 CMJs on Jan 8, still nothing, so its not just you...

I e-mailed Manny last Monday. Never got a return e-mail or phone call. Generally I don't like to overload people with a lot of e-mails or phone calls. It seems to just slow the process down but in this case I'm wondering whats going on. I guess I'll try again tomorrow.

Edited by special reserve

Howdy folks!

just to clarify things, all the orders that have went thru me for multiple cases are in their system,

Montana Gold was sending out 1 or 2 cases here and there on those orders, and they are trickling around

the community, but not in multiple case shipments all at once, they just opened up their website in the

last week for single case orders, because shooting season is starting and they want to make sure

everyone has access to some bb's!! so I would recommend grabbing one if you are almost out!

My guess is that they are trying to put out all the little fires now (1 case orders),

then they will start back on the big ones (multiple Case orders).

If you have prepaid me for any bullets from me, and want to cancel them just contact me, its no problem

for a refund, multiple case orders are in a pecking order though, so they will get shipped hopefully sooner then later!!!

email or call me if you have any questions.

mannybraggusa@yahoo.com

660-216-4826

see ya on the range!!

Manny

I must be having the worst luck or timing. I have been checking the Montana Gold site at least 3 times a day, every day, since it came back on line and each time they show "out of stock" on everything that the make.

I have also had 0 luck with the new website. I am signed up for "let me know when its in stock" but have yet to be contacted. I mailed in a order today for a case of 124 JHP so I guess we will see if that works.

I ordered 4K 115's 6 days ago, and they showed up today.

How are you ordering them...site will not let me order any even after I am logged in...the bullets are not in stock...so I have to wait until their in stock huh???

Thanks,

david