Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold

ZombieHunter

Has any one had any 9mm 124jhp or 121 ifp show up lately? I have been waiting quite a while.

been waiting on 121's since early January

My 121 ifp were ordered on Jan 18th and showed up late last week.

The 121s I ordered in Jan arrived last Friday as well. They are getting them out.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in January I placed my first order and didn't get an email confirmation. Emailed Norm and told me if I didn't get an email confirmation they did not get the order. So I placed another order this time got an email confirmation. Last week I received my first order of 9mm 124 CMJ and my CC was charged again ($340.00) this week meaning I have another case coming in next week. I'll take it....

Looks like this was one of the few times it was better to order direct from mg instead of Manny. He just told me he is waiting on bullets from December orders. Guess that's why my 121's are not here yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I faxed them the order last week for one case of 124gr JHP... The price has gone up, $370 this time... but still a bargain.

That is freeking unbelievable, ANOTHER PRICE INCREASE. Had a increase from July 2012 of $320 to $348 a 8% increase then another one from the November price of $340 to $348, little over 2% can deal with than but from $348 to $370 another 6%...total of 16% in basically 8 months when they have SOOOO much business they had to shut down their online ordering site...maybe if we all stop agreeing to being held up the price may come back down to a respectable/affordable level....I doubt it but this is getting out of hand...

Did you ever think that maybe a business would invest this money to buy more equipment, so that they can make us more bullets? Presses, dies, electricity, healthcare, etc. all cost money, and these bullets are still very competitively priced. Bueller?

I faxed them the order last week for one case of 124gr JHP... The price has gone up, $370 this time... but still a bargain.

That is freeking unbelievable, ANOTHER PRICE INCREASE. Had a increase from July 2012 of $320 to $348 a 8% increase then another one from the November price of $340 to $348, little over 2% can deal with than but from $348 to $370 another 6%...total of 16% in basically 8 months when they have SOOOO much business they had to shut down their online ordering site...maybe if we all stop agreeing to being held up the price may come back down to a respectable/affordable level....I doubt it but this is getting out of hand...

Did you ever think that maybe a business would invest this money to buy more equipment, so that they can make us more bullets? Presses, dies, electricity, healthcare, etc. all cost money, and these bullets are still very competitively priced. Bueller?

Do you think they just call up the manufacturer and order a bullet making machine and it shows up a week later? I doubt it. Those machines are probably custom made and at least a few months out.

Maybe they hired some temp workers to box up and ship out the bullets but those machines run 24/7 if you have the staff. Maybe its people working overtime and they work a third shift now? My guess is they are paying more for labor.

However it would be nice if they told us what the F is going on. I like mg but please communicate with the customers. It's not hard to put a blurb on the website.

Do you think they just call up the manufacturer and order a bullet making machine and it shows up a week later? I doubt it. Those machines are probably custom made and at least a few months out.

Maybe they hired some temp workers to box up and ship out the bullets but those machines run 24/7 if you have the staff. Maybe its people working overtime and they work a third shift now? My guess is they are paying more for labor.

However it would be nice if they told us what the F is going on. I like mg but please communicate with the customers. It's not hard to put a blurb on the website.

I feel like they've done a good job communicating the overwhelming demand for their product and lead times (they updated their website and haven't promised a bunch of backorders). Unfortunately, folks appear to be going around their process (placing orders not on the web) and now this guy is ticked off that prices have supposedly gone up, even though they haven't even had time to get their website updated yet.

Part of communication is listening to what people are telling you, even when the truth hurts.

Some people simply can't understand supply and demand economics. When demand is higher than supply prices go up. That is life.

Pat

Obviously thats not the case all the time. There are other bullet makers who haven't raised their prices...yet.

Some people simply can't understand supply and demand economics. When demand is higher than supply prices go up. That is life.

Pat

Not quite. Lead and copper demand has not been the cause of higher bullet prices. Bullet price increases have far exceeded the cost of the raw material increases. When manufacturing plants operate at max capacity efficiency should go up. Fixed costes are absorbed better by higher volume sales. There are other variables involved that I may not understand. Gun costs have not gone up much even with high demands- other than AR stuff. Some high profits are being made in the industry is my guess.

Edit: what I've stated above does clearly describe S&D however we keep hearing it 's because of increased costs of raw materials, etc. I don't buy that. High demand is allowing higher prices and profits. Worse- this demand has been created by fear if government intervention. That's the worse part IMO.

Investopedia does a great job explaining this.

Edited by lugnut

Pat

Obviously thats not the case all the time. There are other bullet makers who haven't raised their prices...yet.

That is their choice but the reality is when more people want your product than you can sell to you can raise your prices.

The only thing that will bring prices down is reduced demand and that should be happening soon as people start to realize the sky is not falling.

Pat

Edited by Alaskapopo

A website being down for weeks is not good communication in my opinion.

They are kind of busy making bullets.

Pat

Bullshit. The people who make bullets are busy making bullets, the person in charge of the website (probably a seperate company) is not.

Pat

That is their choice but the reality is when more people want your product than you can sell to you can raise your prices.

The only thing that will bring prices down is reduced demand and that should be happening soon as people start to realize the sky is not falling.

Pat

So in your opinion mg is just using the increase demand to pad their pockets? I'm not saying thats wrong but is that what you think?

Pat

Pat

So in your opinion mg is just using the increase demand to pad their pockets? I'm not saying thats wrong but is that what you think?

I would word it differently but yes. They are a for profit company and I expect them to do what they can to make a good profit, who wouldn't?

Pat

A website being down for weeks is not good communication in my opinion.

They are kind of busy making bullets.

Pat

Bullshit. The people who make bullets are busy making bullets, the person in charge of the website (probably a seperate company) is not.

I doubt that. They are probably so swamped taking orders and sending orders out that they felt it was best to take the web site down until they could catch up. These are not normal times right now but fortunately I believe the worst is over.

Pat

I know one thing for certain, were I in this line of business and not knowing from one minute to the next whats gonna happen next regulatory/law wise, I'd make hay while the sun shines, for tommorrow I might be out of business.

That also means, that while I'd probably hire to meet demand, there is no way I'd put money into plant and equipment.

Just my two cents.

Edited by aviatrix

Pat

Pat

I would word it differently but yes. They are a for profit company and I expect them to do what they can to make a good profit, who wouldn't?

Pat

Sure, we agree. I'm not 100% sure about MG but MANY of the manufacturing companies are blaming higher costs... and that is BS.

I know one thing for certain, were I in this line of business and not knowing from one minute to the next whats gonna happen next regulatory/law wise, I'd make hay while the sun shines, for tommorrow I might be out of business.

That also means, that while I'd probably hire to meet demand, there is no way I'd put money into plant and equipment.

Just my two cents.

I'm with you on this! Massive and sudden increase of orders all the while worrying about the government getting into to your business in a negative way. Here in California they are trying to stop mail order ammo and components. Don't think for a minute that some turd in Washington DC isn't thinking the same thing!