Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Montana Gold

ZombieHunter

Really, MG does not always come through on sponsorship. They have always been my go to bullets but the way their prices are going even us Open shooters have other options. As sponsored shooters, I'll bet you are getting bullets when you need them? Personally, I would like to have seen MG and the other companies that "support our sport" so much, limit at least a portion of their sales to existing , loyal customers. They are selling bullets to people who will never ever reload ammo because they can sell every bullet they make for whatever cost they want to charge for them.

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Everyone needs to calm down. Companies are working 7 days a week to put out more products than they ever had. MG, along with everyone else is doing the best they can to keep up.

Thanks to instant gratification people also have ridiculous expectations for customer service these days. Prices are up due to increases in every aspect of the manufacturing process including shipping. Most of these companies are small businesses, and don't have a ton of workers.

Put your orders in and be patient. You will get them when it is you turn. I think we all learned that in Sunday school.

Kevin, although I agree with you in theory....I cannot think of how you would set that up and monitor that....

I won't be able to reply to this thread as after I get off the computer, take my son to school, I will be in the shop for at least 16 hours today, giving poor customer service by phone since I will be running machines, inspecting and boxing ammo, and keeping machines running to service customers. I will respond by email when I have time to check my phone, but then I have to deal with people I have never met complaining about my website, prices are not up to date, etc.

I understand things are tough and shooters are stressed, but it is not the manufacturers fault for the current situation.

Things will get better. I come to this site to relax and enjoy my hobby and passion, and lately it has turned into a bitchfest.

Let's get some perspective folks......

DougC

Wow. Everyone needs to calm down. Companies are working 7 days a week to put out more products than they ever had. MG, along with everyone else is doing the best they can to keep up.

Thanks to instant gratification people also have ridiculous expectations for customer service these days. Prices are up due to increases in every aspect of the manufacturing process including shipping. Most of these companies are small businesses, and don't have a ton of workers.

Put your orders in and be patient. You will get them when it is you turn. I think we all learned that in Sunday school.

Kevin, although I agree with you in theory....I cannot think of how you would set that up and monitor that....

I won't be able to reply to this thread as after I get off the computer, take my son to school, I will be in the shop for at least 16 hours today, giving poor customer service by phone since I will be running machines, inspecting and boxing ammo, and keeping machines running to service customers. I will respond by email when I have time to check my phone, but then I have to deal with people I have never met complaining about my website, prices are not up to date, etc.

I understand things are tough and shooters are stressed, but it is not the manufacturers fault for the current situation.

Things will get better. I come to this site to relax and enjoy my hobby and passion, and lately it has turned into a bitchfest.

DougC

:cheers:

DougC

I think people are frustrated and unfortunately you appear to be on the receiving end. There are more understanding people on here that don't post, those are the ones whom probably went to Sunday school for the patient lesson. If it wasn't bullets some would complain about something else, that's all they know how to do. Perhaps there should be a thread for shooters that are stocked to loan some to those who are not until things slow up. Locally we do this and I have with primers as well. People helping people constructively instead of pointing fingers, it's an old concept but works. Just throwing an idea out there , don't know if it would pan out but seems to be better than what's happening on this one.

DougC

+ 1

Doug you are right, patience is a virtue. I agree that there is a lot of bitching going on lately but many guys on here are out of components or ammo and worried about how they are going to get by.

Atlanta Arms reportedly will only sell to existing customers and I think that was a good call.

Things will eventually get better and maybe then we can get back to some good old fashion rules debates!

Thanks to instant gratification people also have ridiculous expectations for customer service these days.

DougC

Thats what I was saying earlier. Its a proven fact that the younger generations are not as brand loyal as the older guys. No offense older guys...

With that comes the expectation of communication and websites that work. If the site goes down they expect facebook or twitter posts explaining whats going on. I'm not saying its right or wrong, I'm explaining what a lot of people expect out of a company nowadays.

I caught their web site up last Wednesday and placed an order for a case of 115gr JHP bullets.On Friday I received a tracking number. I was expecting several weeks before they shipped and was surprised that them got them out so quick. I can’t say that I like the price increase but it just means I will shoot more 9mm and less 45.

Edited by de03x7

I just want to Thanks to Norm and Jolene for making a great product that is still available as a direct buy from the maker to the consumer, for a reasonable price. When I have the money, I will be purchasing Montana Gold again and again.

I just want to Thanks to Norm and Jolene for making a great product that is still available as a direct buy from the maker to the consumer, for a reasonable price. When I have the money, I will be purchasing Montana Gold again and again.

+1

Ordered 115 FMJ from MG on 3/30 recieved shipping notice today! How awesome is THAT?!

Outstanding! I ordered a case of 124s on Tuesday last week they were here Monday. Nicely done MG.

Could someone please post a picture of a MG 124 CMJ? I have gone thru around 12,000 MG 115 FMJ with zero problems in my Para 18.9, I bought some 125gr lead RN that i shoot in my new STI Eagle and really like how they shoot. Is the MG 124 CMJ round nose? Please post a pic of one if you don't mind.. Thanks