Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Marriage Plot by Jefferey Eugenides (I've been on a kick with him recently)

The Best American Poetry 2012 ed. Mark Doty and David Lehman

and

Practical Shooting: Beyond Fundamentals :D (slower this time though)

Creole Belle by James Lee Burke. This guy seems like one of the best unknown writers of what I'll call detective mysteries ala Clancy...only the Dave Robicheaux series (New Orleans detective) puts the southern twist on it.

Three of his books are movies. They are all entertaining reads (to me), but serious enough that I wouldn't give them to children.

Just read The Hobbit for the 6th time in last 30 years, still enjoy it. Have an American history book written in 1870 that I am working on, the physical book was printed in 1870 and passed thru a few hands in the 142 years before it reached mine.

Burke's novel are definitely not for kids. Robicheaux is a moral guy and works to do right within the law. He might be a good choice for older teens.

I'm reading SUNSET AND SAWDUST by Joe R. Lansdale.

Creole Belle by James Lee Burke. This guy seems like one of the best unknown writers of what I'll call detective mysteries ala Clancy...only the Dave Robicheaux series (New Orleans detective) puts the southern twist on it.

Three of his books are movies. They are all entertaining reads (to me), but serious enough that I wouldn't give them to children.

Edited by Gerard

I'm reading this book now called "The Woodcutter" by Reginald Hill. It's sort of a fairytale who-done-it with so it's a bit weird but oddly engaging. I've been on a detective kick recently reading 4 or maybe its 5 at this point of the old Raymond Chandler noir classics with his Philip Marlowe character so when amazon recommended this to me I gave it at try and the sample chapters had me interested enough to buy it.