Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you reading right now?

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

"The Prince of Frogtown" by Rick Bragg

He writes an article in the back page of the wife's Southern Living every month. That got me hooked and on to his books. As a very southern writer, his stories take me back to being raised in Tennessee and North Carolina.

• 1 month later...

The Last Gunfight by Jeff Guinn. This is the story (or one of the stories) about the events leading up to the gunfight at the OK Corral. Whether true, part true or fiction, I have no idea but it does not make heroes out of the Cowboys or the Earps. It seems to tell the story from both points of view, and postulates that all of the participants were at fault.

Unbroken, by Laura Hillenbrand. True story about an Olympian runner and his story of surviving a Japanese prison camp. Makes my life look like paradise in comparison.

I read that a while back, awesome book. A real eyeopener. Never realized more pilots were killed in training than actual combat missions. They built those planes so fast there was not time for safety testing.

They are making a movie of it.

• 2 weeks later...

During a substitute workday the other week, I had a student give me the first Game of Thrones book to read, read about 50 pages of it and I ordered the 5 book bundle for the summer.

I got hooked on the GoT series quickly as well. Im about to start it for the 3rd time.

Just finished Dune, really enjoyed it.

Reading some of the Jack Reacher books right now, cant decide if I love them or hate them.

During a substitute workday the other week, I had a student give me the first Game of Thrones book to read, read about 50 pages of it and I ordered the 5 book bundle for the summer.

I got hooked on the GoT series quickly as well. Im about to start it for the 3rd time.

Just finished Dune, really enjoyed it.

Reading some of the Jack Reacher books right now, cant decide if I love them or hate them.

I had just finished The Hobbit again and should probably be working on grad school work. I'm going to wait until this semester ends to start up any more books, I could sit all evening during the week and all day Saturday and Sunday reading if I let myself.

I only got to the point of the children "adopting" the direwolf pups, I will start over, of course.

• 4 weeks later...

The Darktower series by Stephen King. I just finished the first book and it is a really good read so far. I am glad I waited till he finished all the books though.

It was frustrating, fun, scary ( when King almost died) reading these over some 30 years or so.

The new USPSA rule book! :wub:

I received it Monday and spent the last few days reading it cover to cover. I highlighted all of the changes from the old rule book so I can instantly see why there is confusion with a rule.

It's a great read. I strongly suggest RO's check it out.

I will be ordering another one for sure. I like having one in the magazine rack in my office! :cheers: