Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What are you reading right now?

So my family is comprised of avid readers from 1st grade, 4th grade, 11th grade, and my wife and I. My wife reads on average around 75 books a year, me and my high school daughter a bit less than that, and the younger kids a bit more (shorter kids books of course haha). So I am always on the look out for more books for my wife and I.

I recently read a book that my wife liked just because I didn't have anything else open at the time. Before I go to Sleep by S.J. Watson. A GREAT book for a first time novelist and a suspenseful page turner. It is not a classic by any means, but a fast fun read. I actually read it in less than 24hrs as I couldn't put it down haha.

Outside of the oft mentioned shooting books, I typically read thrillers, spy novels, Christian fiction, and some fantasy albeit not very much.... so what is everyone else reading?

:)

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most things longer than a magazine article and I'm done. I can't sit still long enough to read

Jarhead.....

sight.gif

Truthfully, I don't read much either. I'm all about magazine articles, Army times newspaper, etc. I get an Army Times twice a month or so and I read an article here and an article there then throw it away when the new one comes.

Re-reading Starship Troopers because it has been about 10 years and I like it. A number of work-related technical books and reports. A whole bunch of my pleasure reading is internet forum posts on gun-game related activity.

Physical Examination and Health Assessment -- School

Vaccines and Your Child; and Deadly Choices, both by Paul Offit M.D. -- both texts on vaccines, something I deal with virtually every day at work.

The Cold Dish by Craig Johnson; I'm actually reading it a second time -- out loud to my wife....

Assorted journals and periodicals.....

My lovely wife bought me a new Kindle Fire and I have been buying up all my old favorites and re-reading them. Im working on Peter Capsticks "Death in the Silent Places" right now. I love reading about hunting in Africa, even though I doubt I will ever go to hunt.

My lovely wife bought me a new Kindle Fire and I have been buying up all my old favorites and re-reading them.

Ahhh perfect example in my case! I got a Kindle fire for Christmas and downloaded Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol on Christmas day. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it. I have watched a couple movies on it while on the treadmill.

the Brian Enos Forum...Sorry had to. :rolleyes:

me, too...taking a break from reading everything I can about ulnar nerve neuropathy/compression.......the surgery did not go as well as it could have.

Doh. Sorry to hear that.

Care to share what you find? Recently I've noticed the tips of my left hand pinky and ring fingers are somewhat numbed. I can trace the nerves back along the ulna to near the elbow through the changes in sensation I get from pressing on 'em.

My lovely wife bought me a new Kindle Fire and I have been buying up all my old favorites and re-reading them.

downloaded Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol on Christmas day. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it.

roflol.giflaugh.gif Pace yourself buddy!

downloaded Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol on Christmas day. I'm about 1/3 of the way through it.

roflol.giflaugh.gif Pace yourself buddy!

I know. I don't want to overdo it.