Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

OPEN GLOCKS

fuentesd99

I'm curious why you don't see more G34's modified for open. Wouldn't the longer barrel make it easier to make major? Why all the G17's.

I'm looking to build an open glock so this information is useful to me.

It IS easier to make major calibre velocity with the longer gun. I have two G17's one has a 5 1/2 inch barrel and a steel compensator. The other has a 7 1/2 inch barrel with five ports at the end.

The longer gun gives at LEAST 100 feet per second more than the other using the same ammo over the same chrono same day.

I can even load down with less powder for the 7 1/2 inch tube and STILL get major calibre velocity. Less powder equals less pressure, that certainly doesn't do the gun any harm.

post-31812-0-92534100-1340038386_thumb.j

[attachment=52015:7.5

Edited by malagamarksman

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is a video of me playing with a new mount from Japan. Freedom Art is the company. They make a mount that mounts to the glock without modifying the frame. Although I like the mount I have decided to go back to an SJC mount (sideways) with my C-More.

I'm shooting in the black shirt:

McGlock

www.customglockshooters.com

Here is a video of me playing with a new mount from Japan. Freedom Art is the company. They make a mount that mounts to the glock without modifying the frame. Although I like the mount I have decided to go back to an SJC mount (sideways) with my C-More.

McGlock

If I may ask where did you get the Freedom Art mount?

Found this on youtube

Edited by Glockman1000

McGlock

If I may ask where did you get the Freedom Art mount?

Found this on youtube

yes those are the guys. I am doing prototype testing for them.. All in all it is a really well built mount. Fits a bunch of different holsters. This is a great option.to consider with a built in thumb rest! Remember this mount does not require any modification for the frame. Only downside is it is a little bulky.. But you can get used to it after some time. The extra weight doesnt bias to any one side of the gun.

Look for this soon here in America. They will also have a 90 degree mount for the c more scopes. The one that I am testing is their standard rail mount for picatinny scopes.

Look for more review and video on our website's blog

yes those are the guys. I am doing prototype testing for them.. All in all it is a really well built mount. Fits a bunch of different holsters. This is a great option.to consider with a built in thumb rest! Remember this mount does not require any modification for the frame. Only downside is it is a little bulky.. But you can get used to it after some time. The extra weight doesnt bias to any one side of the gun.

Look for this soon here in America. They will also have a 90 degree mount for the c more scopes. The one that I am testing is their standard rail mount for picatinny scopes.

Look for more review and video on our website's blog

Thanks for the heads up on the mount, good shooting in the video too. As for bulky, I'm sure that some one might take a mill to it and do a little customization of their own.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question re: recoil spring.

I see Wolf gives you a striker spring with each of their recoil springs. Is it recommended to change those too? my 10#, 12#, and 15# striker springs all look the same. Also, my carver trigger kit came with a striker complete with spring... should I just leave the one on there that Bobby sent?

Wolff sends a striker spring with each recoil spring they sell. They are usually extra power striker springs. Since you're set up with the Carver kit, use the one it comes with.

Thanks. That makes life easier.

Nice that thing really shoots flat well a little kudos on technique to. Is that major PF your shooting either way it looked good.

Thanks, it is major,7.0 gr of WSF 125 gr jhp.

It feels great.

what recoil spring weight are you running ?

Nice that thing really shoots flat well a little kudos on technique to. Is that major PF your shooting either way it looked good.

It feels great.

I was curious of that ? myself! I am running a 15lb spring now, & kinda wanna try a 17lb.....thoughts??

It feels great.

I was curious of that ? myself! I am running a 15lb spring now, & kinda wanna try a 17lb.....thoughts??

13 lbs work great.

So I did some changes & updates! Let me know what you think....

DSCF0312.jpg

Looks good.

Identical to mine.. if I go with the SJC comp. I have the carver 10 port too.. have to compare them before I decide which to keep.

Im still having FTE issues. Running Carver extended ejector, with Non Loaded chamber extractor.

using .40 white bearing and extra power extractor rod spring.

Gun has SJC Cmore mount, so rounds are getting stuck side ways in slide.

Slide is Lone wolf with lowered eject port. tried 11 # to 14 # springs.

Any suggestions ?

Im still having FTE issues. Running Carver extended ejector, with Non Loaded chamber extractor.

using .40 white bearing and extra power extractor rod spring.

Gun has SJC Cmore mount, so rounds are getting stuck side ways in slide.

Slide is Lone wolf with lowered eject port. tried 11 # to 14 # springs.

Any suggestions ?

May be an issue with the loads you're using. Whats your current recipe? My guess is, not enough oomph