Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

History Channel hasn't renewed Top Shot for Next Year(Spoilers)

Lee B

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the History Channel is finally realizing that they need to return to the original format that made them successful in the first place which is history not reality shows.

Three Words

Full Metal Jousting :sight:

Actually my wife and I have been watching that. It's a fun show to watch. The way he says jOst takes som getting used to.

Like someone said about him going to a 3 Gun match. It does show shooting to the masses and that it can be fun. So overall I think it's good. I'd like it to come back. I haven't watched this season yet, but some programs I like waiting until the whole season is over and then I'll watch most of them in chunks in a short time.

I 2nd the "where do we go to show support"? Ok, I looked a little bit and Liked they're Top Shot FaceBook page. Also found the History Twitter, other than that, I don't know the official way to show your support though.

Of course after browsing on the History Channel it refreshed my memory that they also belong to Military History and A&E networks. So for a bigger audience they just should put it on A&E, since that's where it should of been on in the first place.

I like top shot. Is the drama a bit silly sometimes? sure. but it gets people who have no idea about the world of shooting sports a little glimpse and it does it in a way that shows a safe and controlled environment.

Like another poster Top Shot is what made me decide to look up USPSA. I saw a few of the guys on show that were USPSA shooters and wanted to know more. Now I am hooked and itch for my next club match.

If it gets people who are on the fence or even against firearms to rethink their opinions on shooting and shooters then I say support it even if you disagree with the elimination format.

I always thought the gun grabbers were gonna be the end of the shooting sports. Never thought it'd be our own elitist additude. :(

+1 exactly.

Any positive depiction of the shooting sports on TV will "help our cause". (1)

People are angry because "it not an exact TV show of _my_ sport"... c'mon it's just entertainment, don't take it too seriously.

Without shows like TopShot, the only time the average person sees a gun in TV is going to be in a negative context.

1: Outdoor Network shows doesn't count, only people who watch that are _already_ shooters.

Edited by SlowShooter

I always thought the gun grabbers were gonna be the end of the shooting sports. Never thought it'd be our own elitist additude. :(

+1 exactly.

Any positive depiction of the shooting sports on TV will "help our cause". (1)

People are angry because "it not an exact TV show of _my_ sport"... c'mon it's just entertainment, don't take it too seriously.

Without shows like TopShot, the only time the average person sees a gun in TV is going to be in a negative context.

1: Outdoor Network shows doesn't count, only people who watch that are _already_ shooters.

I agree totally. Yeah , it's got it's flaws and for real competition shooters a lot of it is pretty lame but IT SHOWS SHOOTING IN A POSITIVE LIGHT. We can't get enough of that.

See, with some of the drama crap that goes on, I can't see how anyone looks at that with a positive light.

But, I think all reality shows suck and America is dumber for watching them. :sight:

See, with some of the drama crap that goes on, I can't see how anyone looks at that with a positive light.

But, I think all reality shows suck and America is dumber for watching them.

I agree 100%. The issue isn't that it has some "drama" , it's that it has any of that garbage.

I would say from a marketing stand point the drama (like it or not) adds to the viewership. Shooting on tv......I'm in. If someone else thinks that makes me dumb they are entitled to that opinion.

+1. I enjoy the human aspect of the competition as well. Otherwise the show would be boring.... I must be dumb.

But, I think all reality shows suck and America is dumber for watching them. :sight:

As I said earlier:

"Guys here talk about wives/girlfriends/family enjoying the show, and a big part of me sadly knows that if this were strictly a "shooting competition" showing run after run of individual shooter, we'd lose a lot of that viewer base. It'd be like watching the Olympics, which no one would do if they didn't have countries to root for. Giving teams and drama gives us personalities to root for, which people need to keep interest."

We have plenty of people come into clubs because they heard about USPSA on Top Shot. You think any of them come in thinking it's going to be a drama-fest? Of course not. People understand that personality is a consequence of an individual, not the shooting itself, as is showcased by any drama-driven reality show, otherwise people wouldn't come in because of Top Shot. Even if they have some weird expectation of what competitive shooting will be because of Top Shot, as I also said before, that's what we're here for -- to set em straight. They will quickly learn what it's "all about". The point is that it is peaking interest and getting people in the door. Exposure, interest, and involvement is the name of the game.

If it takes Top Shot for my girlfriend to think she understands my hobby, I'm all for it. This is one of the few shows we watch together where one of us isn't in extreme pain, struggling through just for the other person. Plus, there are many times when it's over, i get pumped and do some dry fire practice. Good all around, imo.

If it takes Top Shot for my girlfriend to think she understands my hobby, I'm all for it. This is one of the few shows we watch together ... Plus, there are many times when it's over, i get pumped and do some dry fire practice. Good all around, imo.

I didn't quite read it correctly the first time, and was about to post that hopefully it's not always dry fire.

cheers.gif

If it takes Top Shot for my girlfriend to think she understands my hobby, I'm all for it. This is one of the few shows we watch together ... Plus, there are many times when it's over, i get pumped and do some dry fire practice. Good all around, imo.

I didn't quite read it correctly the first time, and was about to post that hopefully it's not always dry fire.

cheers.gif

better than practicing alone