Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

History Channel hasn't renewed Top Shot for Next Year(Spoilers)

Lee B

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always thought the gun grabbers were gonna be the end of the shooting sports. Never thought it'd be our own elitist additude. :(

+1 exactly.

Any positive depiction of the shooting sports on TV will "help our cause". (1)

People are angry because "it not an exact TV show of _my_ sport"... c'mon it's just entertainment, don't take it too seriously.

Without shows like TopShot, the only time the average person sees a gun in TV is going to be in a negative context.

1: Outdoor Network shows doesn't count, only people who watch that are _already_ shooters.

I agree totally. Yeah , it's got it's flaws and for real competition shooters a lot of it is pretty lame but IT SHOWS SHOOTING IN A POSITIVE LIGHT. We can't get enough of that.

Could not agree more.

Look at Mythbusters - based in one of the most anti-gun areas of the USA: the bay area (my former home). They featured a cameo by our president.

And? - they PROMOTE gun ownership by showing guns in a positive light. Folks, these programs are just the kind of thing we NEED, even if you are not personally a fan or don't like the format.

Personally, I like the USPSA "format" best, but I support shows that support our national interests.

Except when Mythbusters put a cannonball into a few neighborhood houses :o They are usually great though.

The commercial sales and DVR viewers may be what is killing it. As already stated, most shooters want to see (wait for it......)

THE SHOOTING COMPETITION!!!!

We DVR the show and fast forward to the shooting parts, right past all those commercials, meetings at the house, drama BS and everything else.

HH