Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Top Shot Season 4 Competitor Bios

jar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, am I the only one who wishes that Top Shot would actually do stages using all of the weapons the competitors are shown holding during the opening credits? In past seasons they've had such things as an RPG, a PKM, and a Mauser C96.

Just in the competitor bio photos this season they've got a Gewehr 43, a Stg 44, and a(nother) Mauser C96.

That, and an all-John Moses Browning design 3-Gun event.

I hope to see more than just one episode where they throw rocks or spears or boomerangs... :roflol:

I imagine it would be hard to trow a boomerang and hit a target and have it actually come back. :lol:

Edited by brandrum

I hope this season is better challenges and less off-range drivel. Personally, I would like to see the show reformatted so its all competition and less reality show.

My idea goes something like this... 16 competitors. First 16 shows are heads-up competition. So at the end of 16 shows, each competitor has faced every other competitor heads-up. Now each single challenge counts less, but the competitors overall ability counts more. A pistol master is not killed by a single knife competition, etc. With identifiable jerseys, folks will root for their favorite rather than deal with all the team junk, and 16 jerseys means 16 sponsors logo spots. Week 17 starts over with the top 8 scores. Week 25 with the 4 scores. Weeks 29-32 are a set of nasty heads up competition between the top 2 for the prize. I think would truly allow a Top Shot to rise to the top, not that the previous winners are not great competitors.

Looking forward to another season.

As for the drama....its going to be there, I just hope not a lot of it. We all want to see nothing but shooting, but we are the minority. They are trying to sell the show to the average person, not the competitive shooter.

As for the rocks/bows/spears/etc. I dont mind a little of it. Afterall, the show is on HISTORY channel. Back in the old days before guns were around, they had to do something to kill food. Throw a spear or tomahawk, shoot a bow and arrow, etc. I'm not saying I want multiple episodes or a whole season of it, but one episode to break people out of their comfort zone is interesting to me. :cheers:

I hope to see more than just one episode where they throw rocks or spears or boomerangs... :roflol:

I imagine it would be hard to trow a boomerang and hit a target and have it actually come back. :lol:

Ohhh, you missed (mike!) the point... If you miss it returns then throw it again... Who said anything about it returning after it hits a target?(oh that's right, your idea) :sight: